Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Inflatable bed for guests...which do you recommend?

Do any of you have one that you like? I was just going to buy an aerobed, but it looks like there are a lot more choices these days. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My SIL/BIL have an aerobed that's on a frame, so it's the height of a regular bed. It's pretty compact when deflated, the storage case is kind of attached. It was pretty comfortable.

The next time we need an aerobed that someone other than kids is likely to sleep on, we'll probably get one.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

mom2one is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have had a full sized aerobed for about 12 years now and it is great. We learned shortly after getting it to put a blanket down, then the mattress pad, sheets, etc. Our first guest complained she just could not get warm. Must just be a problem with air beds. We have taken this thing on airplanes, in the car. It has done a lot of traveling and been great.

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

after a few different times as guests on an aerobed and having an awful time sleeping (cold, uncomfortable, deflating, cold), DH and I got a queen sized tri-fold foam mattress for our house guest sleeping. it is so so much better than an air bed in our opinion.

my costco has them in single sizes, we got ours at a futon store. looks like this:
    http://www.thefutonshop.com/Folding-...eds/sc/594/621

the costco item #554020 @ $46.99, Elite Hide-a-Mat.

hth,
    anne
    Last edited by fauve01; 03-29-2011 at 07:12 PM.

It's for my DNs. They're not especially picky. We have a guest room, where our adult guests sleep.

The Futon Store sure does take me back though! Just seeing that logo makes me think of California.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    It's for my DNs. They're not especially picky. We have a guest room, where our adult guests sleep.

The Futon Store sure does take me back though! Just seeing that logo makes me think of California.
    Sorry if my response was too vehement! i hope you find something perfect for your DNs.

anne

Quote Originally Posted by fauve01 View Post
    Sorry if my response was too vehement! i hope you find something perfect for your DNs.

anne
    Oh not at all! It's good to know if we ever have more than two adult guests. But my nephews are scouts, they've slept on a lot worse.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the queen size Aerobed from Costco. It's a 'middle of the line' one - not the lowest, but no frame. It does have a small 'headboard' that keeps the pillows from sliding off. People almost always comment on how comfortable it is. (Perhaps because they're expecting awful? More seriously, several people have bought them after sleeping on ours.)

Big advantage of buying from Costco is that they offer a lifetime warranty -important, as they tend to spring leaks with even relatively minimal usage.

We have a queen Aerobed that's double height so it's as tall as a regular bed. Everyone loves it. We also put a blanket under the mattress pad because otherwise it's cold to sleep on.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We bought twin mattresses from Walmart. They were for our boys when travelling, so I didn't want to spend too much $. They have held up great!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Tw...ir-Bed/5303858

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast