Default Crafty mommas: What would I use to decorate these Easter pails?

I stumbled across this

http://www.brownpaper--packages.com/...ter-grass.html

She made DIY personalized Easter baskets, I think they came out great! But I don't have the machine she mentioned - I'm assuming it's some sort of scrapbook contraption.

How would you suggest I get my kiddo's names on these pails if I don't have one of these machines?

tia

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Vinyl letters from Etsy or large stickers (they have all sizes/fonts) from Michael's or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    Vinyl letters from Etsy or large stickers (they have all sizes/fonts) from Michael's or the like.
    Thanks! If I used stickers (or the vinyl), then do u think it would be ok if I paint or spray some sort of clear coating on top to keep the stickers from coming off? Do you have any suggestions as what I could use for the clear protective coating?

I was having trouble finding Easter baskets because I wanted something stackable. These look cute and I think they would work well for the Easter Egg hunts that we do.

Vinyl letters, Stickers, I personally like going for the foamies letters/decorations. You can get them at Michaels, or even many Wal-mart craft sections. I little glue and you're all set.

Not sure how old your kids are but another option might be Sharpies or paint pens (you'd have to try one out to see if it works).

Quote Originally Posted by BabbyO View Post
    Vinyl Sharpies or paint pens (you'd have to try one out to see if it works).
    Oh that's a great idea!! I knew I could paint, but paint pens/Sharpies would be so much easier/neater.

soon2b4 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Are you making them, or are the kids helping?
    I think paint pens are a great idea. Then you don't have to use a clear coat...
    You could glue on ribbon, too, for a simple decoration that could help to personalize it even more... just a band around at the bend.
    Happily married to DH 01/96
    Mom to:
    DD1 01/04
    DD2 09/11

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The vinyl is going to be pretty durable if applied correctly. I don't think I would spray anything on top of it. Paint pens is a great idea.

Oh you guys are great. I think I might just put ribbon around the lip of the pail. Paint pens it is!

I'm decorating them. I think it will be a fun little project.

I'm also working on another DIY project that I might post some pics here when I'm done... it's coming out really cute!

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If you do use stickers I use Modge Podge over them for DS' helmet and it works really well to keep the edges from peeling, etc.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"