Before DS was born I was an aspiring scrapbooker. I bought a bunch of scrapbooking stuff and decided I was going to start scrapbooking starting with my DS baby scrapbook. Well, that didn't really happen.

I want to start making some photobooks at least either using some digital scrapbooking software or a photobook website. Most of our photos are stuck in our computer, so I really need to start doing something with the photos.

I prefer pretty simple layouts and I would like a decent amount of space to journal in. I wouldn't mind some cute embellishments, but I don't really like to go overboard with that stuff.

We are planning on going to Disney and I have decided I am going to make up a photobook for ourselves and my parents, which whom we are vacationing with. Disney has their own photobook available on their photopass website. We are planning on pre-ordering a photopass CD. The Disney site has some cool backgrounds, embelishments, borders and such, but it seems like it would be very pricey to make 2 books on Disney's photobook website.

Which photobook websites allow the most customization?

I would like to use some pictures as backgrounds for the page and fade them out. I don't really have any photoediting software on my current computer. Is there a website that allows that type of photo modification?

Are scrapbooking programs like Creative Memories Storybook very complicated?

I really just want some fun backgrounds for my pages, and the easiest way to go about making photobooks. I know if I buy some software that is too complicated, my photos are going to stay where there are now, unloved, stuck in my computer.

I am confused as you can probably tell by now.