Default Stealing kids credit

On Today Show this morning:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...03582#43003582

so crazy!
    i actually tried to freeze our kids credit last year, but was told since they've never opened up any credit or applied for any credit they technically have no credit to freeze. so i guess that's a good thing for now...means no one's stolen their credit.

I put it on my calendar to check every year - i think it was in september last year.
    Mom to DD 7/06, DS1 8/08 & DS2 9/11!

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I saw that and was horrified.

Gooooo government! <sarcasm>

I had DH watch too - I guess we should periodically run credit checks on DS? Sounds so ridiculous. You really can't be too careful these days and I think that's unfortunate. Sigh.

Watching this, I literally felt my blood boil. How crazy is it that now, not only do we as adults have to guard our information zealousy, we have to worry about our kids' ID's being snatched?
    My little leprechaun is becoming a toddler! Redheaded DD 03/10

I saw this too and made a note to run DD's next week. Did anyone happen to hear about a company that will run one free check on your child's credit? I think I heard it in a report last week but can't for the life of me remember the company...

Quote Originally Posted by kdkinkade View Post
    I saw this too and made a note to run DD's next week. Did anyone happen to hear about a company that will run one free check on your child's credit? I think I heard it in a report last week but can't for the life of me remember the company...
    You're entitled by law to a free credit report per year from each of the 3 agencies. Don't get suckered into paying a fee. I think this is the official site (though note that they ALWAYS offer you for "a small extra fee" a monitoring package or a credit score package).

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp