Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out Burger

No frills. Just burgers and fries. But they're really GOOOOOD!!

twindad is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

They will make a grilled cheese... they do all the time for my dds. Just order a grilled cheese, plain, unless you want it with their "spread" and tomato.

Default OT...Five Guys

OT but...

DH and I have had the In-N-Out vs Five Guys talk...

The ORIGINAL two Five Guys locations were AMAZING, but most of you are experiencing Five Guys franchised. They really lost their touch. So, comparing the two NOW, In-N-Out wins for burgers. But I still think Five Guys wins for fries. (so says the vegetarian...)

That said, is Five Guys on the west coast now????????

(Another other NoVA or DC folks remember Five Guys ten years ago????)
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by twindad View Post
    They will make a grilled cheese... they do all the time for my dds. Just order a grilled cheese, plain, unless you want it with their "spread" and tomato.

I order the grilled cheese all the time (I order it with grilled onions though) so yummy!
    A very busy Mama to my two chiquitos.
    DS 11/08 and DD 7/10

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post
    OT but...

DH and I have had the In-N-Out vs Five Guys talk...

The ORIGINAL two Five Guys locations were AMAZING, but most of you are experiencing Five Guys franchised. They really lost their touch. So, comparing the two NOW, In-N-Out wins for burgers. But I still think Five Guys wins for fries. (so says the vegetarian...)

That said, is Five Guys on the west coast now????????

(Another other NoVA or DC folks remember Five Guys ten years ago????)
    There are two that I know in my general area, one in Cerritos, and one in Orange. You are right if they are a franchise not all of them are going to be the same. My co workers went a while back and while they liked it they also thought that In N Out was just as good and cheaper. In N Out is still owned and run by the original family who started it. I grew up eating In N Out in Pasadena and I am still convinced that the best In N Outs are the ones that were just drive thrus and just had seating outside vs. the ones that are now indoor. It must be that the grills are older or something.

Just found this article regarding In n Out vs. Five Guys on Huffington Post.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Those animal-style fries look so good! We can't eat at 5 Guys here because they use peanut oil for the fries.

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    Those animal-style fries look so good! We can't eat at 5 Guys here because they use peanut oil for the fries.
    Our 5 Guys has a big barrel of peanuts inside by the cash register. No way I am taking peanut allergy DD in there!

The original Five Guys had super yummy fries. At least as good as In N Out, maybe better. Different though. Haven't been to a franchise one.

Catherine

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OP while in San Diego I highly recommend you eat at PT. Loma Seafoods, it's a bit of a crazy ordering process (you order at the counter they give you a number then you get your order and pay- cash only).

Try to eat before the 11:30 rush or after the 1:30 crowd, the FISH Sandwich is to die for, they have lots of options without seafood too. The fries are good, they offer kids items, beer/wine and you either eat in their covered patio or out front with a view of the marina.

They have their own lot, it's well managed with respect to traffic flow, it seems like it'll take awhile sometimes, we often jump out and I go order and DH parks the car. If you go early enough it won't be an issue.

You can order a grilled cheese, but it's not on the menu.

This is my DD's fav: #2 with spread and grilled onions only, Animal fries (costs extra) and a Diet Coke.

You could order a 4 x4, lol, but be HUNGRY!

FYI, if you like well done burgers, ask, or they will be pink inside!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast