Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Diaper Cake Etiquette

It might sound like a insignificant question, but...

I'm making a diaper cake for a friend, is it alright to use storebrand diapers, like Kirkland? Or should I just stick with Huggies or Pampers?

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Kirkland brand diapers ARE Huggies....

I've compared Huggies little movers to the Kirkland brand diapers (side by side) and apart from the print on the front...they are identical in every way. I am 100% convinved Kimberly Clark manufactures the Kirkland diapers.

I think I'd use the Kirkland brand and let the new mom know they are Huggies...so she doesn't spend money she doesn't have to!
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

If it's a first time mom, I personally use Pampers for a diaper cake because, well, you know how most first-time moms are about their baby gear! Everything's gotta be "the best" for their precious babies! (Hey, I was like this, too, so I'm not knocking anyone! It also reminds me of that Luvs commercial from the 80's.) If it's not their first baby, then I use Target or Kirkland diapers.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I use whatever they registered for. I used costco diapers once they fit but used NB and size 1 pampers
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've made diaper cakes with both Pampers and Huggies. IMO the Pampers Swaddlers make superior cakes. All the exposed parts of the diaper are white, and the diapers are soft and matte and make the cake look great. Try to get the kind without DryMax.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Personally, I think you should just use whatever brand that you like or have on hand. If you are going out of the way to make them a diaper cake, they really will be too focused on how cute/sweet the cake is to care about the brand.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Personally, I think you should just use whatever brand that you like or have on hand. If you are going out of the way to make them a diaper cake, they really will be too focused on how cute/sweet the cake is to care about the brand.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elephantmeg View Post
    I use whatever they registered for. I used costco diapers once they fit but used NB and size 1 pampers
    People register for diapers??
    I'd be thrilled to get any brand diaper cake. I got one, actually, and I have no idea what the diapers were. I was careful in selecting which diaper I bought but when it came to free diapers I was not picky.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Someone made me two mini-diaper cakes with Up and Up Target diapers. The polka dot pattern was perfect! They were size 1 and I used them, but I didn't end up using any other Target diapers b/c I didn't like them. But at least I got to try them without buying them myself.

I wouldn't worry too much about what type of diaper, b/c how does the parent-to-be even know what's going to work for their baby at this point?
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post

I don't have any experience with making a diaper cake but I would consider making it with size 1 or 1-2 diapers not newborn. I bought a small box of newborn and DD2 outgrew them before I used them all up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast