Default Saltwater Canvas Dolphin/Pail bag-Update

I just bought the whale bag to use for the pool/beach and it is fantastic! I would like another bag to keep stocked with park stuff...bug spray, suncreen, wipes, chalk, bubbles, sand pail, etc. I was looking at the dolphin bag, but was wondering if that might be too big and maybe the pail might be better? Anyone have either bag and could help me make a decision?
    Thanks! Traci
    Last edited by traciann; 06-09-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Anyone?

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have both the Whale and the Dolphin. The Dolphin is a much better size IMO. I find the Whale too cumbersome. I'd rather take two bags than one huge one.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think the pail bag should be big enough as long as you don't plan to pack tonka trucks and the like.

Just got my whale bag for the pool in the mail today and yes it is huge!! Great though for a family of 5. I can't wait to use it.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Quote Originally Posted by kristac View Post
    I think the pail bag should be big enough as long as you don't plan to pack tonka trucks and the like.

Just got my whale bag for the pool in the mail today and yes it is huge!! Great though for a family of 5. I can't wait to use it.
    No trucks here! We had a playdate at the park on friday and my hands were full with bug spray, bubbles, chalk, and my 2 year old rock collection. I was just looking for something that would hold those types of items without being too much. I am leaning towards the pail right now.

I used my whale bag yesterday at the pool and it was wonderful. My hands are usually full with swim tubes and wet towels. It was so nice to throw everything in one bag and go home.

I have all 3. (well many of each of the 3 sizes. I am a SWC addict). the pail only has one handle. and is much smaller than the dolphin. We use it as DD's swim lesson bag. It always has shampoo, conditioner, googles, hairdryer, body wash,flip flops, - all in the outer pockets. We put the towel in the main section with room to spare.

I use a dolphin for those types of outdoor toys for the beach/park, etc.

Update:
    I ordered the pail bag and I am really happy with it! It is actually much bigger than I thought! I am able to put all the stuff I need in the pockets and I even have room for dd baby bjorn potty if I need it since she is potty training right now. I think this is going to make my life easier now having it ready to go when we head to the park and such.
    I also ordered a second whale bag (I couldn't help it!) and 2 of the shower bags which I am really happy with. Thank you for you help!