Thread: Never Again

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Never Again

will I have DN come and spend the night with us. She gets dropped off at Home Depot (I was there getting 1 plant). My sister and BIL, give DN to me and we start to shop for the plant. BIL and sister are following us around Home Depot taking pictures of DN. I could not believe it. I finally stopped and yelled across the aisle for them to go to their crab feast now or DN could not stay with us. I almost called the police on them b/c honestly they looked like they were stalking us (several random people stopped to HELP me).

Then, this morning, 5 yr old DN pee'd on my bedroom floor and in my bathroom. She said she had to go to the bathroom and then instead of walking into the bathroom she stood there and pee'd. Then, she walked in it. I cannot tell you how upset I was. I didn't let her know, but I'm really angry that my sister and BIL sent DN over to me knowing that she (at age 5) has accidents like that. I told my sister and she was like --ok thanks for telling us (it happens often at home). My kids don't do that. I had to wash my bedroom floor and wash my bathroom rug, and it took 2 towels to sop up the urine on my floor.

I'm sooooo DONE.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Don't punish DN for your sister's "sin" of not preparing you for the possibility of DN's accidents. So kids just have "issues". We still have issues with DS (almost age 5) who up until recently was CONSTANTLY having accidents (and still wets the bed at times).

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's a lot more complicated than that. I cannot go into it all now, but it's a pattern with them and DN is suffering (it is much bigger than just peeing on the floor). It is getting difficult for my kids to be around DN for longer periods of time (a few hours is fine, but overnight won't be happening for a LONG time again). I have just decided that I cannot be their fall out person with respect to DN any longer.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

It is a difficult relationship with your SIL/BIL. You have a lot going on, especially if back in school to get the coding certification. It is perfectly fine to step back a little and give yourself some space, and concentrate on what you need to do to get through study program

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post

It is a difficult relationship with your SIL/BIL. You have a lot going on, especially if back in school to get the coding certification. It is perfectly fine to step back a little and give yourself some space, and concentrate on what you need to do to get through study program

Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post

ETA. I think it's also in DN's best interests for you to concentrate on your study now and get the certification. If you work becomes more stable, then you'll have less stress from finances, and you'll have more time and energy to devote to DN. I know from previous posts that you love DN and want to make up for what she's lacking from her parents. You'll be able to do handle the situation with her and her parents better if you're not so stressed from your work.

And it's only a short break - I think you said it'll take the summer to get certified.