Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerDuck View Post
    If you really need to carry two at once, having one in a carrier and holding one just normally works well.
    I did this a lot. Both with wraps (used the SleepyWrap) and with soft structured carriers (Beco butterfly).

I used the SleepyWrap up until they were about 6 months old. I'd wear one in front, off-center, and then just carry the other on the opposite hip. Did this a lot at appointments (they were almost guaranteed to both be fussy and needed to be held and walked around) and when people came to visit me at home (because they were so afraid of strangers they both HAD to be held), and when I took them to friends' houses by myself. Ugh that reminds me of when I took them to a friend's house when they were 4 months old and they both SCREAMED the ENTIRE time. I was wearing one and holding one, and I had to go shut myself in the guest bedroom and try to calm them down. Eventually I just left. And they SCREAMED the entire drive home. Everyone felt so bad for me, and no one could help because of the stranger anxiety.

With the Beco, I'd wear one on my back and carry the other. Did this a lot for errands (like returning something to the Gap). Great for grocery shopping -one on my back, the other in the cart. I'd put the fussier twin on my back. DH and I both wear them on our backs when we go somewhere where we don't want to have to keep track of a double stroller, and it's fabulous!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 06-06-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Maybe help her DH or partner research what carriers work the best on the male body-type ... since he's even more likely than your average dad to do half that carrying.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Uno-Mom View Post
    Maybe help her DH or partner research what carriers work the best on the male body-type ... since he's even more likely than your average dad to do half that carrying.
    REALLY good point. My DH is slim but even he was pushing the limits of the Beco. The Ergo probably would've been a better option for him.

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    REALLY good point. My DH is slim but even he was pushing the limits of the Beco. The Ergo probably would've been a better option for him.
    Our Ergo fits my DH really well. And me, too. I have scrawny shoulders and he has pretty broad shoulders, bigger chest. I'm amazed at the Ergo adjustability! (It even *almost* fit my friend who has dwarfism and is super-tiny.)

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

My husband really likes the ergo, too. For a while we were using an ergo and a beco 4th gen as our main carriers and this worked well. Once we got past the carrier stage I sold the Beco. For the new baby I have a normal ergo and a sport ergo, dh and I both like both of them - I have a slight preference for the sport one, which I am surprised at - I got it on a whim on baby steals. I feel like it works better for the tiny ones. Maybe stalk baby steals and get two of those as a great twin gift! they have the normal ones, too. just avoid the pink IMO.

FWIW some reviews say really petite moms don't do will with the sport because of where the padding ends in the shoulder straps. I can see this being an issue. I am 5'3, pretty average, though pretty damn fat at the moment as this last baby really blew my weight out of the water. Yay summer with 30 extra pounds!!! I'm working on it...

early on we had 2 kozy carriers and DH liked those a lot but I just never liked the mei teis... I felt like there was a MTs are cooler than SSCs esp. ergos in baby carrier circles but I'll take the comfort and ease of mainstream over what's "cool."
    Last edited by RunnerDuck; 06-07-2011 at 08:04 AM.

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ouch, that twintrexx looks really uncomfortable. I'ts like 2 bjorn's stuck together, without even a hip belt to take some of the weight off of your shoulders.

DF's DH is really slender and on the small side for a man, so I don't think fit will be a problem for him. Thanks for the advice ladies. I will recommend two single carriers. She can always borrow my Ergo.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by ABO Mama View Post
    Ouch, that twintrexx looks really uncomfortable. I'ts like 2 bjorn's stuck together, without even a hip belt to take some of the weight off of your shoulders.
    i have seen those and can't believe they are still being made! they do look awful.

i forgot to mention one of the worst parts of wearing two - if they are old enough to fight! nothing like being tied between two people who are trying to attack each other!!!

bnell is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Found one!

I've been doing a lot of research on carriers lately (in the market for another Came across one made in Germany called Weego. It actually has two compartments for each baby. Couldn't find any reviews or US suppliers, but you can order it directly from their website ($119). They have some instructional vids on youtube. Hope this helps.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm a big fan of pouch slings, specifically SlingLings, for an easy to stash, quick in an out of the diaper bag carrier. They have a broad range of sizes so its easy to find one that fits well, especially using the size finder on their site (sized for the parent, not the baby). DH and I each have our own and keep it handy at all times. Works for a little baby and for a bigger toddler in a hip carry.

They show twin wearing on their site, but I can't attest to the comfort of that for anything bigger than those cats she has on: http://www.slinglings.com/baby_sling...ons&position=5

But I do think if she's looking for something easy and handy for both her and DH to each wear a baby, these are a good option.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2