Thread: Moby help

Default Moby help

I've been practicing with my moby and have some questions. I have a 1 mo.

1. I'm using the newborn hug hold. When I place her into the innermost fabric pocket, how should she be facing? Tummy to tummy with her head side ways and facing out? Her side to my body? I've read my booklet several times and can't figure it out.

2. How do I keep her high enough on my body? I start out with the top of her head level with my shoulder, but pretty soon she's slid down and her head is at boob level and bottom is below my waist. Do I just make the whole wrap a lot tighter? Can it be too tight on her?

3. It is hot here now. How do I tell if she's too hot?

4. How do you nurse in this thing? Do I have to untie and retie it? Is there a specific hold or tying method I need to use to make this work? I am super modest about NIP and was hoping this could help me be a secret nurser.

TIA for your help. I really want to be able to carry more and have more flexibility with nursing, but I need some help making this work.
    Becky
    Delighted Mommy to the little Jackpot 7/08, sweet baby K 5/11 and baby 3 due Christmas 2012.

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm no expert so hopefully others will chime in, but this is my experience with the moby..

1. You mean, she touches you right? I did tummy to tummy, head facing to a side.

2. Yes, make it much tighter as the fabric stretches. That's why she is so low once you put her in. You'll have to practice a bit to get a feel for how tight but she shouldn't be falling down at all.

3. Especially in the summer, dress her lightly--even just a diaper sometimes. The moby can get pretty hot. If you're in the sun, I would find some shade or use a parasol.

4. Never tried nursing

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you Google "how to nurse in a moby wrap", you will get a bunch of links, including a few videos.

Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLduLJFSJn4

I have an EllaRoo & have nursed in it using the sling position, but that's a bit easier with a woven wrap.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i don't have a moby wrap but i have a sleepywrap which is similar, and i nurse my DD in it a lot. basically what i do is just put my DD in as i usually do (in the newborn hold), then i sort of just adjust her so the wrap loosens a bit so she sits lower (that way her mouth can reach a boob) and then just put her on. i do it all the time in public because, at least in the newborn period it's so much easier to nurse in that discreetly than to use a cover or blanket or whatnot.