Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I hate it. Especially if I'm paying for shipping (Gymboree, I'm looking at you). Gymboree ships from Sacramento which is about 600 miles from my house. Since they went to smartpost, it now takes over a week to get an order. It is a 10-12 hour drive.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just had this happen (again) this week with an order from REI, and have had it happen in the past with orders from Athleta. I have things shipped to work -- in a courthouse complex. USPS deliveries are screened and held in the mailroom, which is in another building. "Real" UPS and FedEx deliveries are brought straight to my office.

Luckily, its not that bad a walk to the mailroom, I'm just disgruntled that the staff there have to deal with the results of my online shopping, including calling me to come and get it, when I've tried to avoid this by paying for UPS in the first place. Grrrr. They're really good sports about it, though. I think I'm more put out than they are.
    M-H

"Mombee" to my Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by s7714 View Post
    Yep. It's a huge PITA for my MIL, because they don't have mail delivery to their complex (they have to have a PO box at the Post Office). She spends hours searching for packages sometimes because they'll say they're being shipped by UPS or FedEx (who require street addresses and refuse PO Box info.) but they get handed over to USPS, who won't deliver them to her street address. She's had countless packages sent back as "undeliverable" because of this.
    Yup, this happened to me back in April. I wanted a bathing suit from Land's End for our Disney trip. I knew there wasn't enough time to get it here before we left so I opted to have it shipped to the house we were renting. I found out once I was there that is was shipped via UPS basic. The complex we were staying in doesn't have mailboxes so it could not be delivered by USPS. I was SO annoyed since I assumed it was coming via UPS. I was fortunate that we were able to track down the post office it was being held at and I picked it up but it was a PITA.
    ~Leslie

Ryan 8/00

Matthew 2/03

"We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation.It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path."~ Paulo Coelho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2