essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thumbs up Thanks for the Tangle Teezer recommendation!

I finally ordered the Tangle Teezer and the Original Sprout Miracle Detangler spray and it's been a godsend. DS2 has super curly kinky hair that usually takes 15-20 minutes to comb all the tangles out in the bath with conditioner. And then the next day after he wakes up it's all frizzy and wild again. I got the Tangle Teezer and detangler spray 2 days ago and used it on him after his nap. I sprayed his hair with water, then the detangler spray, and then started combing it with the Tangle Teezer. I seriously had combed through his entire head in 5 minutes or less! All the frizz was gone and his curls were well defined. I did the same thing yesterday before going to a birthday party and my friend asked me if I had cut his hair since his hair looked so much shorter. But with his curls all defined it just looks like his hair is shorter, instead of all frizzy and stretched out. After the comb out I added a little jojoba oil and he looked like a whole new kid! Highly recommended. I didn't have high hopes for the Tangle Teezer and it definately exceded my expectations. Thanks again!

Oh, and I ordered the DevaCurl No-Poo as well to try on my hair and DS2's hair but haven't used it yet. So far we've been using Wen and really like it, but the DevaCurl is cheaper and several reviews said they like it just as much or even better than Wen's cleansing conditioner.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got a question. When you use the jojoba oil after you comb it out, how does his hair look for the rest of the day? Do the curls stay defined? Does it look oily or just "healthy shiny". How often do you use it? I usually use it on DD2 at night before she goes to bed about once a week if I remember.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It doesn't look oily, just healthy shiny. Without it his hair usually looks dull, which is common with curly hair. I use it once a day on him and twice a day on myself. Just a small amount-- like the size of a dime. And yes, the curls stayed defined for the rest of the day. I want to try Argan oil next though.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I use Argan oil on my hair and I love it. I usually buy too small of a bottle to want to use it on hers though. Although she has gotten into it enough that I know it works well. I might buy a larger bottle this next time and share.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Latia we are huge Tangle Teezer fans...we have three!

My tips (such as they are) for curly dry hair....We do no-poo condiitoner wash and we STILL use cones, and our curly hair still dry...

but argan oil has helped a ton. We get this (contains cones) and I LOVE it. I have been doing co-wash every two days, apple cider vinegar rinse once weekly, argan treatment daily, and my hair is so soft and curly

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NG0TXI