Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Easy Lunch Box & other lunch box questions

I'm trying to decide which Lunchbox to get DS who is starting Kindergarten. He insisted on the Dinosaur PBK Backpack despite me trying to sway him to a LE Studyhaul but I think I can pull off whatever lunchbox so it doesn't need to match necessarily.

I really like the Bento lunch stuff and want to give that a try. I have been eying the Easy Lunch Box~ http://www.easylunchboxes.com/
    So, I am wondering if any of you have this and what lunch boxes it fits in? I found some old threads but I couldn't see anyone posting what it fits in? Lands End / LL Bean / PBK or other.

I also like the Laptop lunch box. What lunch boxes does that fit into? I'm thinking I might try one of each but would like to know what lunchbox to get that they fit into?

Thanks so much!!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

well I have both laptop lunch and easy lunchbox and this summer I got the Planetbox. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the planetbox. Sorry to make your decision harder. I wish I had just started with the planetbox. I love it because it is not plastic, can go easily into the dishwasher. The laptop lunch has "better" plastic but it is still plastic and there are a lot of pieces (that said I used it for 3 years). I use the easy lunchbox in a pinch but I found the sides shatter on occasion (just little chips) and the plastic gives me pause (we purged almost all plastic out of the kitchen and I know not everyone is so into doing that).

HTH
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Love the planetbox here too.

Catherine

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We've done Landsend lunchbags, Laptop Lunches, the Lunchsense boxes, and SS tiffins, and we are getting Planetboxes for the girls this fall. I hope these are the last lunch boxes we have to buy - nothing else has quite fit the bill, and we are trying to reduce plastic use as much as possible.

The Laptop box will not fit well into most regular insulated lunch sacks. And it is a real pain to wash everything every single night, by hand. At least the Planetbox is only one piece.

When DD first started K, she had the Laptop and *could not open it herself* reliably. The aides were over-worked, and there were a few days that she ate little or no lunch because she struggled with opening it, even after I put a rubberband on the catch to help. I felt awful. I would try before you buy if possible.

I keep looking for good options, and while even the Planetbox isn't perfect for us (it will take up a lot of room on the table, and isn't a watertight seal without the container in it), it is better for us than any other option I've found.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The Planetbox is the best. After I left my lunchbag at the train stop, containing lunchbots and all, I started using the Planetbox I bought for ds1. Well, I ended up buying him another one because I stole his. It makes packing lunch a dream. You are not searching for covers, arranging little containers, etc. The bags that it comes with are fine, but nothing to fastastic. I do like that it has a slimmer profile than other bags.

lablover is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS used the easy lunch box last year. It fits in the LE Study Haul lunch bag.
    Mom to:
    DS - 2003
    DD - 2006

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    well I have both laptop lunch and easy lunchbox and this summer I got the Planetbox. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the planetbox. Sorry to make your decision harder. I wish I had just started with the planetbox. I love it because it is not plastic, can go easily into the dishwasher. The laptop lunch has "better" plastic but it is still plastic and there are a lot of pieces (that said I used it for 3 years). I use the easy lunchbox in a pinch but I found the sides shatter on occasion (just little chips) and the plastic gives me pause (we purged almost all plastic out of the kitchen and I know not everyone is so into doing that).

HTH
    /hillary
    Seriously all you Planetbox users are killing me. I have a Laptop Lunchbox and Easy Lunchboxes and because of you all I want a to get DS a Planetbox. I am trying my hardest to resist, but you all are turning me into a Bento lunch box addict.

OP - Love the Bento style lunchboxes. I think it makes it easier and more likely a younger child will actually eat their lunch. I know at DS school they don't have much time to eat lunch, so being able to open a box and eat everything makes it easier. I like DS Laptop Lunchbox, but it is a lot of individual containers to deal with. It is much harder for my DS to open than the Easy Lunch boxes. I like how pretty the food looks in the Laptop Lunch box if I do some sort of fancier presentation. I like that there are lids for some of the inner containers. That said, we all (DH, myself and DS) all have been using Easy Lunchboxes for our lunches. They work great and are easy to clean. I have had one contianer get a chip in the plastic. The rest of them have held up fine. We assigned a color lid to each of us, so if we prepack lunches the night before it is easy to see whose lunch is whose. If you decide to try Easy Lunch boxes skip their insulated lunch bags. Those seem cheaply made to me. I don't care for them.

DS has an older style LLBean Critter Lunch box and the Laptop Lunchbox and Easy Lunch containers fit in there well. If you spring for the Planetbox, I think you have to get their insulated lunch bag.
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wimama View Post

DS has an older style LLBean Critter Lunch box and the Laptop Lunchbox and Easy Lunch containers fit in there well. If you spring for the Planetbox, I think you have to get their insulated lunch bag.
    I keep waiting for someone to tell me that a LE and LLB or PB lunchbox can hold a planetbox, but I I don't think so. I have no problem with the planetbox lunchbox, it's just kind of boring for a 5 year old.

DD is starting kindy next month, and just started using a planet box for camp 3 days a week. she loves it. yes the bag is boring, but she is loving switching up the magnets. she loves that no one else has it, too. it is so easy pack, open, close, etc. no spills or leaks.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Pottery Barn Kids carries these now (pink and blue only)......have to check if I still have a gift card lying around.
    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...Box&adtype=pla

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast