Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    Pottery Barn Kids carries these now (pink and blue only)......have to check if I still have a gift card lying around.
    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...Box&adtype=pla
    I'm so disappointed that they chose to have PB distribute their stuff.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Good that PB kids has it, but do note that you don't get magnets with it. The price is the same on the Planetbox site with the magnets, but their shipping is $10.95.

The free shipping is nice at PB - if they had the color of bag you wanted, you could order from them and then order the magnets from the company direct - shipping for one set is .95, two sets is $1.30.

So even without any coupon, I think (late for math, for me) I could save almost $10 on the two I need, except that I don't want pink for DD2 - for a lunchbox that will be around that long, I'd druther get a color that she will enjoy longer.... hmmm.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Cross-posted with you Kindra.

I guess while I enjoy having unique things (and it will not be unique now that's PB's got it), and I am not thrilled with PB as a marketing choice, either, I'm happy that more families will know about another safer option. And that little break on the shipping (plus a coupon) may be what tips the scales for some families sitting on the fence.

Now I'm nearly sold on Planetbox! I showed DH and he likes it so I think I'm nearly ready to try it out. Worst case scenario I end up buying something else down the road.

Next question What drink bottle are you using in the pocket? I saw that it's 3 inches or less so KK, Thermos were both listed as options that fit. I think we have a Thermos but if I remember I hated that straw. I don't want a leaky one either.

Thinking about planet box for DD - any PB coupons around or coupons from planetBox.com around?

Is this lunch box really worth $50+??

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post
    Good that PB kids has it, but do note that you don't get magnets with it.
    Someone on car-seat.org said that the Planet Box facebook page says the Pottery Barn ones do come with magnets. The pink carry bag comes with rainbow and the blue carry bag comes with rockets. I'm not on FB, so I can't verify that.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by endlessheather View Post
    Next question What drink bottle are you using in the pocket? I saw that it's 3 inches or less so KK, Thermos were both listed as options that fit. I think we have a Thermos but if I remember I hated that straw. I don't want a leaky one either.
    I put a milk box (Horizon) in it.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A funtainer fits but it's tight. I will do a milk box too.

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We use a stainless camelbak in our PB.

FWIW--We used magnet paper and made a set of magnets where DS drew pictures and wrote his name. We traced the set we had, then cut them out. They aren't perfect of course, but are a fun change.

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS has a Planetbox and I use it in a Citizen Pip insulated lunch bag. It was the only one I found to fit and I can stick a KK inside and ice pack and other snacks.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast