Default Nautilus crotch adjustment?

I am sooooo frustrated right now. After spending at least 20 minutes, maybe 30, wrestling with the stupid thing, I canNOT get the crotch buckle of DS's new nautilus out of the slot it was in and move it to the further away one. I am not a dummy, and I've done this plenty of times before with other seats, so I can't figure out why this one won't work. When I twist the metal clip to push it up through the slot, the belt bunches up, and no matter how hard I try to push/pull, it won't budge past 2/3 of the way through the slot. Am I missing something here?!

FTR, I also just bought a maestro for the nanny's car, and it took me less than 10 seconds to switch the crotch buckle position of that one.

HELP!
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

There's the muscle needed for it Oh my, it was a pain in the a$$ to get it changed when we bought our seat too. I had to put the metal piece in just shy of as far as it could go. Then pull the buckle at the same angle, and wiggle it, utter some curse words, and wiggle it some more. I didn't do any weights at the gym the day after, it was such a workout!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Usually I make my DH do it, his fingers are stronger than mine... it's really hard to get the angle just right and keep the fabric flat. argh.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

I think I need some man strength for this job. Fortunately my sister and BIL and kiddos are on their way for a visit, so I won't have to ask XH!
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yeah, I can't do it either, I had my DH do it. After I broke a nail, grrrrrr.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011