Default Which convertible car seat for a Honda Civic?

My daughter is 11 months old, and 21 pounds, so she's nearly ready to graduate from her Graco Snugride22. We're looking to upgrade to a convertible car seat, and we're wondering which convertible seats are the best for small cars. We have a 2006 Honda Civic.

What do you recommend?

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My Civic is older (a '99), but we've been fine with our Britax Marathon, which is a highly recommended seat on here for almost any vehicle.

The biggest issue is that it doesn't leave much legroom for the passenger when placed behind the passenger's seat, and it would have been impossible for us to drive the car with it installed behind the driver's seat while rear-facing.

We've been using ours for almost 2 1/2 years and we're still happy with our choice. And each of our girls like(d) the Marathon better than the Snugride, which was their first seat.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

the combi is a small one...cocorro, i think its called

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Even though they look big, the Britax convertibles should fit fine. Another option might be the True Fit, which has a removable headrest when your child is smaller, so it takes up less room rear facing.
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)

Was the 2006 the newer body styles? We had a 2007 and a Britax Marathon fit well rear facing. We also had 2004 Civic which was an older body style and the Marathon was a tighter fit. Rear facing it was a little uncomfortable for me in the passenger seat but doable.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Any of the Britax convertibles install really easily in the Civic.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

lyt202 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The new Britax Boulevard fits fine on the passenger side and still leaves room for someone to sit comfortably in the passenger seat.

The new generation Britax convertibles(Marathon 70, Boulevard 70, etc) offer more legroom than the older generation. I have one of each and DD is comfy in both of them. The new generation also takes up a few less inches front to back than older models.
    Jacky, wife to Tim and mama to:
    Mckenzie 4/22/09
    Maverick 8/3/11