Default help needed - kids sizing

I'm the uniform director for our little league's fall ball program. The registration form didn't ask the parents for what size t-shirt they wanted for their child. So...I'm left guessing. It'll be primarily boys in the program, if that helps.

Does this sound right?
    7-9 year olds: order 1/2 size M and 1/2 size L
    9-11 year olds: order a couple size M, and split the rest between size L and XL
    11-12 year olds: split the order between size XL and Adult M, with a couple of Adult L

Comparing the shirt size charts online, I'd skip the Adult S because Youth XL is already larger than Adult S.

Am I guessing right? All I have for a frame of reference is my 8 year old, who is currently in between a size M and size L.

Thanks!
    Jennifer

Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would include a few Youth Smalls for the 7-9 year olds. My DS is 7 and wears a YS in most tee-shirts/athletic shirts. He's average height and very lean. He could wear a YM, but he would be swimming in it.
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong