Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    citymama is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I soo want it to fit in the Lands End Study Haul lunch bag but it's an 1.5" too small depth wise (8" for the LE vs. 9.5" for the Planetbox). DD1's teacher talked about using reusable stuff for lunches this year so now I am interested in getting a few more things for lunch and it would be soo cool if I got the Planet Box, but I'd also hate it if it got lost.

I know it's not stainless but they are BPA free, Gerber Bunches of Bowls work great for yogurt, applesauce, and hummus. We used them the last two years with no leaks.
    You know, I think I am going to just head to the Container Store and get some of those BPA free lunch options, and maybe one Lunch Bots container from amazon. The CS boxes inexpensive and more replaceable if DD loses them or forgets them at school, and I think easier for a 5 yr old to use. I'm going to hold off on the Planet Box till she is ready for her next lunch box. I think I want it more because it seems cool than because it's actually practical for a 5 yr old!

for Sandy Hook

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    You know, I think I am going to just head to the Container Store and get some of those BPA free lunch options, and maybe one Lunch Bots container from amazon. The CS boxes inexpensive and more replaceable if DD loses them or forgets them at school, and I think easier for a 5 yr old to use. I'm going to hold off on the Planet Box till she is ready for her next lunch box. I think I want it more because it seems cool than because it's actually practical for a 5 yr old!
    FWIW, we just got our Lunchbots containers today (the Uno and Duo) and I think I'm going to have to send them back. They're just too hard for my 5yo to open. She can open them, but only with significant effort and only in such a way that I'm pretty sure the food will go flying once she gets the lids off. I researched SS containers to death and this seems to be a fairly universal problem among them, so I think we have to stick with plastic for now. I know my dd will not ask a teacher for help, so she really needs something foolproof. I'm just going to put my head in the sand re: concerns about plastic for now.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Aishe View Post
    FWIW, we just got our Lunchbots containers today (the Uno and Duo) and I think I'm going to have to send them back. They're just too hard for my 5yo to open. She can open them, but only with significant effort and only in such a way that I'm pretty sure the food will go flying once she gets the lids off. I researched SS containers to death and this seems to be a fairly universal problem among them, so I think we have to stick with plastic for now. I know my dd will not ask a teacher for help, so she really needs something foolproof. I'm just going to put my head in the sand re: concerns about plastic for now.
    Take a look at what Toby posted above. I just ordered those for DS' snack; the reviews are positive for the most part and they seem easy to open.

That happened to me also - I was trying really hard to open a lunchbot and my food almost went flying. I really think it depends on the individual lunchbot, as some are easy to open and some aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Take a look at what Toby posted above. I just ordered those for DS' snack; the reviews are positive for the most part and they seem easy to open.

That happened to me also - I was trying really hard to open a lunchbot and my food almost went flying. I really think it depends on the individual lunchbot, as some are easy to open and some aren't.
    We tested out those (the ones Toby recommended) at TCS today. They were still hard for my dd to manage. She'd probably master it with a little time and practice, but she's very anxious about starting school and she just doesn't need any extra stumbling blocks in her day, kwim? I picked up a few of those Sistema containers and those are much easier for her. They're pretty nifty containers. Anyway, I hope those SS ones work out for you!

EllasMum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I really think it depends on the individual lunchbot, as some are easy to open and some aren't.
    I bought one at the beginning of kindergarten (last year) and it opens and closes beautifully. DD never had any trouble with it. Maybe stainless steel warps easily? Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there that not all the LunchBots are problematic. OTOH, maybe we just got lucky.
    ~~~
    Susan
    DD 08-2005
    Impatiently awaiting adoption match!
    Cure FOP - www.ifopa.org
    ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by EllasMum View Post
    I bought one at the beginning of kindergarten (last year) and it opens and closes beautifully. DD never had any trouble with it. Maybe stainless steel warps easily? Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there that not all the LunchBots are problematic. OTOH, maybe we just got lucky.
    I found that the Uno was not bad, but the Duo was pretty difficult. Your Lunchbot may vary, of course!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2