Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DD#1: 7, 45lbs
    My vehicle: Monterey
    DH's vehicle: Parkway
    spare: Apramo LBB

DD#2: 4.5, 37lbs
    My vehicle: Frontier, harness mode
    DH's vehicle: Radian
    spare: another Radian or Nautilus.

I'm just shocked at all you people who know your children's heights. I never remember that stat! LOL.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
    DS 6.5 yrs old (55 lbs and 49 inches) in a FR85 that was just converted to a HBB. I have to say that I am NOT happy with this seat as a booster in my car.
    Heather, what kind of car do you have? Tomorrow I am trying the Frontier 80 in my Pilot as a belted booster again. I tried it about 6 to 8 weeks ago and didn't like it much, but then realized I think I was using the recline bar, plus DD1 was tired and wasn't cooperating. WCS if it doesn't work I am going and getting another Turbo Booster from Target before they go off sale.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS, 6.5 mo, is (obviously) still RFing in a Snugride 35 at 20 lbs, 28 inches.

We're looking at convertibles for the near future and will probably go with the Marathon...Right? (Not sure of the advantages of the Marathon/Boulevard/the other Britax---name escapes me now). DS mainly rides in an '05 Camry, but we'll probably get a less expensive seat for the "other" car (a 2004 Chevy Cavalier), which currently has an infant seat base that's been used maybe twice. Silly mama for registering for it, when clearly the Camry is the safer ride and the one we almost always use for him.

Thanks BBB mamas for teaching me the importance of extended rear-facing!
    My baby boy is 3!

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

B is 33" and 28lbs. at 18 months RF in......

A Radian XTSL in my Sequoia
    A Classic Marathon in DH's Cobalt

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS (5 years old) in booster mode in Frontier (Older Style?) in Corolla and Highlander. Just switched him when we made room for the baby's seat.

DD soon to arrive - two Chicco Keyfit 30 bases in the Corolla and Highlander waiting for a baby and carseat. Wish she would hurry up and arrive.

We just switched DS Frontier to harness mode, and we are adjusting as well. DS shoulder height was even with the top harness height, so we switched him to booster mode. He is 5 years old, 46 inches tall and 53 pounds, but most of DS height is all in his torso. He had to move out of his Britax Boulevard and into his Frontier somewhere between 2 1/2 -3 years old due to outgrowing the harness height on the Boulevard.

I am trying to train DS how to pull out more of the seat belt before he tries to buckle up in the Frontier. The seat belt was locking up on him when he was trying to lean over. It is a pretty far reach down and over to buckle. He was pretty good at getting himself into his harness and even tightening it himself.
    Last edited by wimama; 08-27-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS 2 years old 32" and 26 lbs is RF in a Britax Roundabout 55 (Davenport) in our main car........ In our 2nd car-a 2door, I am working on his car seat placement.
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

RF in a Radian XTSL and a BLVD in Cowmooflage. I have also an Evenflo Tribute for travel/grandma's car.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS (4 years) is FF in a Frontier 85 in our primary car, FF in a Marathon in our secondary car, and FF in a Nautilus in my parents' car.

We have, but are not currently using, a baby trend flex loc infant seat (that I hated) and a Radian 65.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

I've been loving loving loving our red and black harmony Cruz in our red and tan with black accents Prius for the last couple weeks. I need to do a short review of it for carseatblog, so I'll get some pictures before I come home (key to the love? very nice leg support, and very very narrow base, it fits in the middle spot so my size 14 self can comfortably fit next to it and they both buckle up easily )
    At home we have a Go in daddy's ford Escape.
    And the van is full... Tribute third row passenger side for our 3 yo borrowed kid Logan, Frontier 80 in the back row driver's side for Leah, but when he's not with us she sits in the Compass B570 or Boost Air Complete in either seat, depending on day and mood and other kids with us.
    Waiting for a traded cover for my Radian so I can put Logan in the back in that, it's lower to climb into than the Tribute.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Annie,

I just PMed you.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast