Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Lupe is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DS is almost 7 months and still RF in his Graco Snugride 35
    I am thinking about buying a new car seat in a month or two, since he is a little snug, but most importantly, hates the recline (he is always trying to sit up from it)
    any recs on a car seat that will still keep him RF for the longest and will also convert to booster? I don't want to have to buy yet another carseat/booster in the future.
    anyone has the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat?
    amazon has a great price on it (we have a Toyota Camry, I've heard the seat is really big and I am concerned it won't fit RF)

DD1 is 7 years old and we just took the harness off of her Graco Nautilus (in the Honda Odyssey) a few months ago when she outgrew it by height. She's now using it in booster mode. Our second car seat for her (in my husband's Ford Mustang convertible) is the Recaro ProBooster.

DD2 is 5 years old and she's on the 3rd harness slots on her Graco Nautilus (in the Odyssey). Our second car seat for her (in the Mustang) is the Recaro Vivo.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    I am thinking about buying a new car seat in a month or two, since he is a little snug, but most importantly, hates the recline (he is always trying to sit up from it)
    any recs on a car seat that will still keep him RF for the longest and will also convert to booster? I don't want to have to buy yet another carseat/booster in the future.
    amazon has a great price on it (we have a Toyota Camry, I've heard the seat is really big and I am concerned it won't fit RF)
    You can adjust the recline on your snugride so it is more upright for a 7 month old. It will take up less space and he can see better. Unless he is huge he should have some time left in the Snugride 35.

I would NOT buy the Alpha Omega, it does not make a good booster and there are better seats out there.

Honestly, you will need to look at a dedicated convertible seat (one that will get you rearfacing until age 2-3, and then forward facing until age 5-6) and then look at either a dedicated high back booster or a combo convertible seat/booster seat like the Evenflo Maestro, Graco Nautilus, Britax Frontier - although by the time you'll need it they will probably have new seats out!

In a Camry you shouldn't have any difficulty putting any of the Rear facing convertibles back there, they take up less space than your snugride. Popular choices are the Graco My Ride, Safety 1st True Fit Premiere, and the ever popular Britax Boulevard (BV), Marathon (MA), or Roundabout (RA) or the Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL- but some have had issues with installing this one.

Sites like diapers.com and albeebaby are also great places with great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    This response is late, but I don't think that any of the seats that go RF'ing to booster are very good. If money were an issue, I would buy a low cost convertible (Like a Scenara) and then when my kiddo grew out of that seat (probably age 3-4), get a Nautilus to use from harnessed to booster.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6