Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I bought a groupon for a produce box from a local CSA, so we are all about the veggies this week...we got a giant box, and it's just me and DS! Last night, I made a quiche with the chard and green onions (and cheese) and salad with pears, parmesan, and balsamic/olive oil. Tonight I made caldo verde (portugese greens soup) with the rest of the chard and half of the potatoes we got. I still have potatoes, kale, kohlrabi (?!), beets, napa cabbage, regular cabbage, lots of pears, heirloom tomatoes, and summer squash. Yikes!
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have been in extreme low key/comfort food mode this week.

Monday: pasta with red sauce and salad.
    Tuesday: store bought potpie and salad.
    Weds: J was working late and T and I ordered in Chinese noodles.
    Thursday: J and I hit the unescapable rubber chicken circuit for a dinner sponsored by my work celebrating the 15th anniversary of a charity. The boys stayed home with my dad and ate fish and rice.
    Friday: I have no idea, but pizza ordering for my dad and the kids seems likely since I work sort of late tomorrow and my husband works tomorrow night.
    Saturday: whatever will use maximum amounts of our CSA box because we have been slow with the cooking this week.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2