Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default how much tea tree oil for lice prevention

Ok, so I am a little paranoid!! I read you can spray diluted tea tree oil on DC head for lice prevention. I did an internet search but all that I found is how much to put in shampoo. I am looking to dilute in water to spray on DD hair before she goes to playschool. Anyone know how many drops per how many ounces of water?

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by drako View Post
    Ok, so I am a little paranoid!! I read you can spray diluted tea tree oil on DC head for lice prevention. I did an internet search but all that I found is how much to put in shampoo. I am looking to dilute in water to spray on DD hair before she goes to playschool. Anyone know how many drops per how many ounces of water?
    I read 12 drops in a bottle of shampoo/water/detangler, but the article I saw didn't mention drops per ounce of liquid.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I put 2-3 drops on my finger from the bottle and rub behind the kids' ears and brush my hands over their heads with it when I feel lice paranoid .

[I also bought a Terminator comb from amazon to have in the house just in case - so if we ever do get hit with the bugs I can take ASAP action on them]

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Neem oil is good too. I add Neem and Tea Tree oils to a spray in detangler.

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Neem oil is good too. I add Neem and Tea Tree oils to a spray in detangler.
    Which detangler do you use? (I know that part probably isn't about lice prevention, just interested in what's good). Thanks,
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

How do you mask the smell of the neem oil? I can't stomach it (sorry if TMI).