hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default I DO NOT ship internationally!!!!

ARGGGGH! I posted some items on e-bay and stated in big capital letters that I do not ship internationally, US addresses only! Yet, AGAIN, the winning bidder is out of the country! I have NO IDEA how much it costs to ship internationally. For the $8 I'm getting for the item, it is not worth my time to take it to the P.O. to have it weighed to find out (we don't have a scale at home)!

Ugh!

This is NOT a big deal in the scheme of life, just frustrating

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I cancel when that happens. I think there's a setting you can set to stop int'l bidders.

Yes, when you set up your auction you can exclude bidders that are in countries you don't ship to. It's near the bottom of the page of options when listing. People don't read the auction terms on ebay it seems so it's best to just block international bidders. Since the auction is already over and not enough $ for the hassle I would cancel the transaction and return their funds.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Maybe they have a US shipping address.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    Maybe they have a US shipping address.
    My family use me as their post office. A couple of times they can't buy what they want because using a non-US credit card, so they tell me what they want and I order it, or they set up the order with the company, and I then call and give my cc number.

You can check if they have a US shipping address, if not, cancel the transaction.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Unfortunately, this keeps happening. I will look into blocking bidders; I just don't sell enough to know my way around e-bay. I also hate to cancel the transaction since I don't want to take a hit on my rating.

I'm just going to go through the hassle of multiple trips to the P.O., ect. It just keeps happening. I sell maybe 10 things a year on e-bay and at least three are ALWAYS international no matter what I put in the description!

Not a huge problem in the sheme of things, just frustrating

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i usually offer free shipping in the us and block international, but say in the blurb that if someone international is serious i'll go check actual postage and if they're good with that amount i'll unblock their area. then i'd charge the actual postage amount.

but yeah, just blocking them is easiest.
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm pretty sure there is an option for 'block bidders in countries I do not ship to.'
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you want to accept International bidders, you can use USPS International flat ratesfor the Priority Mail boxes. Just figure out which size box your item will need, and look up the most expensive zone. Then add a few more dollars for your time to fill out the Customs form.