Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Just write him back and say "we are on the same page, our children shouldn't play together anymore because our parenting styles don't match. All the best Nikki". That's it, delete further texts. Tell his son "I'm sorry, you can't play here now". And hope they move before he's a teenager.

Oh, and the dad's an ass.
    At this point, you just have to bluntly tell them that your family does NOT want any contact with their boy, and leave it at that. If they get offended, oh well. They are the ones who aren't disciplining their son, so they shouldn't be surprised when ppl find his behavior inappropriate and don't want to spend time with him.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

mom2one is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Just write him back and say "we are on the same page, our children shouldn't play together anymore because our parenting styles don't match. All the best Nikki". That's it, delete further texts. Tell his son "I'm sorry, you can't play here now". And hope they move before he's a teenager.

Oh, and the dad's an ass.

You need to get locks for your gate as another PP suggested. If he can't get in that should be one step in helping the situation.

Actually I'm going to amend my advice to "ignore further texts" instead of delete in case he starts making inappropriate comments to you (profane, threatening, etc).
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would invest in some heavy duty locks for my gate.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH got home and found the lock we had from our previous house so it's ready to go. I got a bunch of texts from the wife now saying how I need to see both sides of the story and the giant welt on my kid's head just HAD to be an accident because a 4 year old couldn't do that with his hand. Um, yeah but his Nerf gun could. I told her I don't really care what both sides are, all I care about is my son keeps getting hurt so I'm done with them attempting to play together. So glad to be done with them.

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This may be more drastic than the route you want to take, but I would be tempted to tell them the next time your child hits mine, I'm calling the cops and having you charged with assault and battery.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elliput View Post
    This may be more drastic than the route you want to take, but I would be tempted to tell them the next time your child hits mine, I'm calling the cops and having you charged with assault and battery.
    my mom said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by elliput View Post
    I wasn't going to suggest it but I think the parents need a wake up call. Though from what you've written I'd say they would try to chalk it up to anything else but their darling perfect child.

Jen
    Mom to 4 wonderful children

DS#1 7/96
    DS#2 11/00
    DD#1 11/03
    DD#2 6/08

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow, what is wrong with those people?! How frustrating for you guys!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

happymomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree with the previous post. What is wrong with these people!!! They do need a wake up call and I am glad that you stood up to them and told them that their DS was no longer welcomed to come over. I can't believe that instead of taking the responsibility, they are blaming your DS. No one deserves to be hit. I am glad that you did what you did. Your DS is lucky to have such a mom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast