Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    FedBaby is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Sears Friends & Family

Quote Originally Posted by waitingforgrace View Post
    If it's a Kenmore brand your best bet at this point is probably black friday or one of their friends and family sales that is held quarterly on a Sunday.
    A friend once told me she heard from a sear's employee that they actually raise the priced of appliances at the friends and family sales so you don't actually get as good of a deal as you think you are... (We bought our drier at a friends and family event...) Does anyone know if it's true?

Quote Originally Posted by FedBaby View Post
    A friend once told me she heard from a sear's employee that they actually raise the priced of appliances at the friends and family sales so you don't actually get as good of a deal as you think you are... (We bought our drier at a friends and family event...) Does anyone know if it's true?
    I don't know whether or not that's true but I've never experienced it. I know they play with the prices and promotions frequently but I've scouted prices on a few different appliances and have found friends and family to be pretty good. We just bought an upright freezer last weekend during F&F after watching prices for 6 wks, went last night to make sure this sale wasn't better and it would be about $50 more this week.

It also depends on what promotions matter to you, for example sometimes they offer a rebate for free delivery, sometimes it's an extra 5% off using sears card or no interest for a year, or free accessories like pedestals with washers and dryers.

jvs195 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This weekend there is no tax on energy star appliances. I ended up going with a local company for our dryer and the experience was so much more pleasant than Home Depot, Best Buy or Sears I plan to go there for a washer. We did get a scratch and dent (had no real dents I could find, just had been opened from it's original packaging) for a great price. They also had a rebate for free deliver and the sales people were attentive and responsive and have said they'll keep an eye out for a deal on the companion washer for me. Hopefully delivery goes as smoothly.

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We got our appliance set at Home Depot on Black Friday for an amazing price... I would suggest waiting til then and see the sales.
    DD Spring 2010

I haven't read all the replies, but are you near an hhgregg? My DH works for them and they really do have good customer service. Black Friday is your best bet there.
    Ashley

DD 10/2005

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2