HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Please help with evite wording for DS's bday party

DS is having a lego party. I looked at some blogs and came up with this wording. Note when reading. Kids in DS's class range from just turning 5 in October (just one child) to DS who turns 7 in November (so pretty much a 2 year age span) Please tell me what you think:

Come build some fun at DS's 7th birthday party. It will knock your blocks off!

Cake will be served.

If you would like to stay with your child you are welcome. However, feel free to drop your child off and have some time for yourself. Please let me know when RSVPing if you will be joining us.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That sounds good to me!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

sounds great!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sounds good to me!
    I take it from the invite that no meal/snacks will be served. If that's your intent, it's perfect.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

I'm serving nothing but cake (and maybe a cheese tray or some chips if parents say they want to stay with their kids). In my experience, by this age most parties are drop off. DS has 8 kids in his class. probably 5 are adhd (I know 3 that are currently medicated). At the last party EVERY.SINGLE.PARENT. stayed. My house is small. With 15 kids invited and 15-30 parents there will be no where to move (party in December so outside won't be an option unless it's weirdly warm).

I wanted to find a nice way to let the parents know they didn't have to stay (or basically suggest that they don't stay). I didn't know if what I wrote was rude or not.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think that is great and 7 yr. old seems to be the age for drop off parties. With the ADHD issue I think I'd be more comfortable with all parents staying, but I think your wording is fine. We had 10 kids and 10 parents at DD1's 5th birthday and it was a great number.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I think we would be fine without parents. Around here BOTH parents come and stay and a lot of the time bring the ENTIRE family (without asking--just show up with 2-4 more siblings). I know it will happen (esp with one particular family). I'm trying to avoid so many extra people. I would be ok with 15 kids and 15 parents total.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007