Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default best way to hand out Birthday invitations to school friends?

DD just started Kindergarten this year. We are having her 6th birthday party in a few weeks. Whats the best way to hand out the invitations? I am thinking she will invite 5 or 6 kids in her class. I dont know the parents so I can't call or mail them.

Is there a protocol for this? I was thinking of emailing her teacher and asking?

Do you think she would tuck the invites in the other kids folders? Or is this totally not her job (which I understand!)

Thanks!
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Our school does not allow any invitations to be passed out at school. Even if you invite the whole class they will send them back home. We have a school directory and mail them out or use Evite.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Please do not send them into school! Ask the teacher for those kids' contact info (email or phone numbers). Somehow, kids figure these things out, and the ones left out can feel really bad. Our school will not allow any invites to be given at school unless the whole class is invited. The teachers often remind parents to tell their kids to not mention the party at school if other kids are not invited. Doesn't always get through though! Our teachers send a class list out early in the year w/ at least phone and email for those who ok sharing this info. Nearly everyone gives their ok though.

Invites are not allowed at our school. I would email the teacher to see if you can get a copy of the class list and then mail them.

Ann

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

thanks. There wwas never any mention of a class list, but I will ask.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

At DD's school and at DS's they have a rule that invites can only be passed out at school if you are inviting the entire class, all the girls or all the boys. Both of our schools provide a parent directory with addresses and phone numbers.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Evite or in the mail. That's the only ok thing if you aren't inviting the whole class imo and according to most schools.

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by daniele_ut View Post
    At DD's school and at DS's they have a rule that invites can only be passed out at school if you are inviting the entire class, all the girls or all the boys. .
    Same at DS's school. They provide us with a class roster/names but no contact info.

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by div_0305 View Post
    Please do not send them into school! Ask the teacher for those kids' contact info (email or phone numbers). Somehow, kids figure these things out, and the ones left out can feel really bad. Our school will not allow any invites to be given at school unless the whole class is invited. The teachers often remind parents to tell their kids to not mention the party at school if other kids are not invited. Doesn't always get through though! Our teachers send a class list out early in the year w/ at least phone and email for those who ok sharing this info. Nearly everyone gives their ok though.

I'm surprised you haven't received a class roster yet. Definitely mail them.
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would not send them to school if you are not inviting the entire class.

For Dd's b-day, we only invited the girls. I mailed them each paper invitations to their homes. For Ds' I'm inviting the entire class so I don't feel like mailing 26 hard copies and I don't want them getting lost in back packs so I am sending the parents e-vites.

I'm sure your school/teacher has a preference, and I'm surprised she hasn't mentioned it! In any case, I'd definitely ask her first. And then I still would not send them to school since you're not including everyone.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast