Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well I emailed the teacher and asked her what the best way was and if she had a class list with contact info and she replied that the best way is for me to send the invites to school in Caitlin's folder and then she will take them and put them into each child's folder.

I can understand how this might cause problems. I dont want kids feeling bad, but I cant invite the entire class. We did that last year at daycare and everyone accepted!!! When in previous years we got alot of no's. But, the folder thing is pretty discrete. Each child gives their folder to the teacher and she opens it and takes out anything that might have been sent into school. I dont think the kids do anything with their folders besides put them back in their backpacks.

She did not offer to give me a class list. I do have a list of the first names of the children in Caitlin's class, but not last names and no contact info.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Wow, I am really surprised that she is going to do that especially since the entire class is not being invited.

I would especially be upset if I was one of the parents of the children not being invited. I could see this really causing bad feelings if they find out.

Ann

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    Wow, I am really surprised that she is going to do that especially since the entire class is not being invited.

I would especially be upset if I was one of the parents of the children not being invited. I could see this really causing bad feelings if they find out.

Ann
    I guess I am not understanding how the kids will know about the party until they get home and their parent finds the invitation and opens it?
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The children do not look in their folders?
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

I dont think they do. Maybe the teacher would not put them in the folder until the end of the day? I am really not sure but it seems like she wouldnt just hand them out in front of other children who are not invited. For what its worth there are 20 kids in her Kindergarten class, and I can't invite them all. The place we are having the party at is $15/kid. I already have 5 other family members (kids) we need to invite, including her brother and DD(birthday girl), so I was hoping to keep it at 10 kids or so.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

JMHO but to ask a teacher to distribute invitations to anything else than a full class seems in very bad taste to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyNicksChunkyMom View Post
    JMHO but to ask a teacher to distribute invitations to anything else than a full class seems in very bad taste to me.
    I get your opinion - but what can I do if she wont give me a class contact list?
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

I emailed my friend who has an older daughter in 3rd grade to see what she thinks or what she has done, or how her oldest DD has gotten birthday invitations in the past.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If you contact the room parent, they might be able to provide you with a class list...

There is no room parent.

My friend said that she has just sent invites to school to be put in folders, but that she has heard that if you contact the front office assistant, and send in invitations with stamped envelopes she will address them for you and mail them out. So maybe I will do that.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast