View Poll Results: Did you offer a vegetarian/vegan option at your wedding?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We had a buffet with vegetarian/vegan options

53 36.55%
  • Yes, We included a meat-free option on the response card

29 20.00%
  • Yes, We had a sit-down dinner where guests chose their meal at the venue

19 13.10%
  • Yes. We served exclusively vegetarian/vegan food

3 2.07%
  • No. We only offered entrees containing meat

29 20.00%
  • No. We didn't serve a full meal, just cake and punch (or similar)

5 3.45%
  • Soy Cheese! (other)

7 4.83%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm embarrassed to say that it wasn't even on my radar. We had a buffet though with plenty of veggie options. Possibly not vegan though.
    DD
    DS

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We had a big buffet with 2 different pasta salads, green salad, tomato/mozz salad, roasted veggies, couscous, roasted potatoes, crudites, bread, cheese/crackers, fruit, and the cake, plus salmon, chicken, and prime rib for the carnivores. I'm a bit of a foodie (hate that term but it's the truth!) and the food was really important to me. That said, the night of the wedding, I was so overwhelmed I barely touched the food on my plate.
    My baby boy is 3!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes we did because we knew we had a few vegetarian guests. We offered that along with a chicken dish and a beef dish.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had to vote other. We did not offer a veg selection on the response card. BUT we did offer one - as the best man was a vegetarian! There were a few other people, too. Never even thought about vegan, I didn't know what it was at the time!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

We had a buffet, but we requested a separate vegetarian entree to be prepared for my sister's friend, who was the only vegetarian (the main entrees from our buffet were all meat/seafood). However, I found out afterward from my sister that they didn't bring the entree to her. Oops! But, there was enough vegetarian sides from the buffet for her to eat, so she didn't go hungry.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

No way. We had a barbecue. I guess if they wanted a vegan/vegetarian option, they could have just had beans or salad.

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Nope, not at my first wedding where we had a buffet. They had a choice of chicken or ham at the buffet. The sides were vegetarian, I suppose. It wasn't even on our radar 17 years ago. For my second wedding, it was only 25 people and everyone ordered off the menu.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm reasonably certain we had no vegans or vegetarians at our wedding. We had a sort of finger food buffet, it wasn't a full sit down meal.

Yes. I knew who the vegetarians were, made note of their tables on the sheet I gave to the caterer, and they were served a different meal. (We had a sit-down dinner where the dual entrees, chicken and beef, were already chosen for the guests.)
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I voted no, but honestly I can't remember. I recall having fish and steak as options....and I seem to recall people being able to choose pasta if they wanted. Good grief, has it been *that* long?! Yeah, I guess so!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast