Default Gifts for 5 year old boy/girl twins?

Totally forgot we have a birthday party to go to tomorrow.

5 year old boy/girl twins. We don't know them too well so I don't know what their interests are. But I really feel like we need to go to the party...I met the mom through our local multiples group and she was super helpful after the twins were born, and they made a point to come to Avery's birthday party AND the babies' first birthday party.

I plan to get them each a gift. $20-30 each. We have Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, and a few specialty boutiques locally.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Beyblades--one stadium and two blades
    Leggos
    Stomp rocket
    Gogos
    Kite
    Science kits
    Art kits

(Can you tell I have more boy experience than girl experience?)

Catherine

I had thought about stomp rockets, because they seem to be so universally appealing, but I've only ever bought them on Amazon. Anybody know if Target or TRU carries them?
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JoyNChrist View Post
    I had thought about stomp rockets, because they seem to be so universally appealing, but I've only ever bought them on Amazon. Anybody know if Target or TRU carries them?
    I've seen them more often at smaller chains- Learning Express, etc. Also saw them today in the "as seen on TV" store in the mall.

ETA- do you have a Bed Bath and Beyond? My 4 and 6 year old have been really enjoying these blocks:
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...paign=shopping
    You could get two sets.
    Last edited by kristac; 10-15-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'd get the lego boxes- one that is blue or pink...... that way their gifts are equavalent, but individual (i.e. no one will fight over them because they each have their OWN)

GL!