Default Maybe I shoulda got an Ipad?

For our 20th anniversary, DH bought me a Asus Eeepad tablet w/ the clamshell keyboard attachment. VERY sweet of him, esp. with the economy & business being down. I originally went in looking at very lightweight laptops/netbooks because the intent was to have a portable desk if u will, b/c of my back issues. I have a very hard time sitting and I figured if I had a laptop of some sore, I'd get more work done.

After looking and lifting, I realized that toting around a heavy laptop wasn't in the cards for my stupid arthritis (my joints are either too painful or not even strong enough).

This led me to the tablet area, which led me to the Epad because it had the keyboard that locked in making it a touch screen mini-laptop. It also came with Polaris Office which was to be my "work" horse - I need to be able to import & edit our office docs. Also with the keyboard I got 2 usb ports (the tablet has 1 micro sd).

First one had issues w/ the keyboard & I returned it and haven't had any issues there BUT the cursor has its own mind and moves around + the editing on the tablet "sticks" and bugs me. It force closes alot.

I would have gotten the Ipad2 BUT no usb, office program & I can't balance an Ipad + separate keyboard in my latp at 1 am.

This android app thing is bugging me too, either they want access to the entire tablets contents or the force close all .the.time. The ones I hear about for Ipad aren't around for droid.

Plus I'm too dense to figure out how to load music on here! I need Itunes! I can't even rock out & work!

Ugh, I'm bummed - someone talk a little sense into me!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

Anyone? See, this thing is so goofy I posted twice, geesh!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sounds like a macbook air would have been perfect!

You can get a separate actual keyboard for the ipad as well.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

This probably isn't what you want to hear but - I bought an Asus eeepc a little bit before ipads came out and it was one of the dumbest purchases of my entire life. Slow, awkward, unpredictable, awful mousepad, not user friendly, bleh.

I got an ipad and within 10 minutes was in love. Seriously. It's great. It was exactly what I wanted the Asus to be. I suggest you get one to try, there is a 14 day return policy (might have a restocking fee....)

You don't need a usb. Accessories (like a keyboard) are wireless. Any docs or files you need to import/export can be shared via Dropbox. You don't need Office, there are excellent apps that let you view and edit Office doc, like Documents 2 Go.

Sorry!
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you tried a Macbook Air? They are really light. If you don't have to have the latest and greatest technology, you can get good deals on the older version since a newer version just came out.