MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Healthy gumball machine filler ideas?

So we have a couple of the old fashioned looking Carousel gumball machines in our house. Last year we had jelly bellies in one and gumballs in the other. DDs could only access the machines if they did something to earn a treat. I've emptied them out recently and wanted to replenish with something new. Do you have any suggestions for what to fill it with besides jelly bellies and gumballs? Any healthier fillers? Any non-edible, non-candy fillers (a long shot, I know)? Marbles would fit, but of course that would be a choking hazard disaster coming out of a gumball machine if kids accessed it. I know stores sell sugar free gumballs, but I was hoping for something different. And not chocolate. Thanks!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

would peanuts or yogurt-covered raisins work?
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

Yeah, I was going to say mixed nuts (though it might be kind of messy, as you could get the little ground-up nut powder/ pulp coming out at the bottom), or for non-edible, I've seen small bouncy balls (like super balls) in them at malls and such.

I like the yogurt-covered raisins idea or bouncy balls. I'm not sure how well this would work with the machine, but another idea could be dried (unsweetened) pineapple chunks or banana slices or something like that (sold in bulk bins). Speaking as a mom of a child with a severe nut allergy, the idea of nuts in a fun dispenser that all kids could access makes me nervous.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

These are good ideas. I don't know if the machine can dispense small bouncy balls, as they might be too large. Yogurt raisins certainly fit. I think I should avoid nuts in case kids have allergies. Keep these good ideas coming!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Staraglimmer is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Vitamin gumballs could be fin, as long as you monitored them. Maybe a trip down the bulk aisle at Whole Foods would give you inspiration. Dried blueberries?
    Would fruit snacks be too gummy?

This sounds like so much fun!!!

-Stephanie
    Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
    & a new addition due 6/12
    Stephanie

Mommy to two little girls,
    April 2008
    June 2012

and a baby boy
    Oct 2018

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Glee gum....they also have a sugar free version made w/ stevia.