Talking 36 Months and 22 Days - We Did It!!

I am so proud of my husband and I for successfully rear-facing our DD for 36 months and 22 days. We flipped her to forward facing today because she was within 1-2 pounds of the rear-facing weight limit on her carseat.

It was funny watching her try to get in it because she's used to getting in rear-facing. Finally we took pity on her and showed her how to sit. She was excited at the new way of sitting and started kicking her legs out.

I just wanted to share because the research provided on this board in the carseat forum is what influenced our decision to rear-face for as long as possible.
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congrats!! DS turned 3 on the 13 and he's still RF in my car(the primary car) but I was thinking I need to weigh him because I think he's within a lb. I almost feel bad switching him, but I know he'll be ok.

Congratulations! DS2 is the same age and we didn't make it past 2.5 because of weight but I'm hoping to get to 3 with DD.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Yay! Congrats for doing your research and not just listening to the same old "It's fine, go ahead and turn them at one" line. But *sniff, sniff*, hugs to you Mamma for having your baby be so "grown up" already. Don't they look so little to be in a Big Kid/ff seat? <3

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yay! 3 yrs. is my goal too! We are half way there
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Congrats! We are close to the 3 year mark too with ds2. It's gone by quickly!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009