Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    It gets worse....we all have it. Dh and I were totally asymptomatic.
    Kill me now.
    Oh no.... sorry.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chottumommy View Post
    You donot need to wash sheets and bag the animals and so on to get rid of lice. Lice only jump from head to head. They can't live on inanimate objects for long. So all the washing and vaccuuming is not really helpful but if its for the ick factor, then I understand.
    Ya....48 hours off the host, right? Even though...I'm going balls to the wall on this one. I won't feel comfortable otherwise.

Ya....48 hours off the host, right? Even though...I'm going balls to the wall on this one. I won't feel comfortable otherwise.
    Me neither. Wash, wash, wash on hot. If it doesn't do a thing to help, oh well, we'll have clean sheets.

There is so much misinformation out there that I figure I'll just do everything and hopefully that will be enough. Although I can't do a darn thing about the fact that 7 kids in DD's class have had lice and it keeps going around. That's bad enough but it gets worse when the assumption is that we aren't dealing with it because DD had the HORRIBLE misfortune of getting it twice, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by crayonblue View Post
    Me neither. Wash, wash, wash on hot. If it doesn't do a thing to help, oh well, we'll have clean sheets.

There is so much misinformation out there that I figure I'll just do everything and hopefully that will be enough. Although I can't do a darn thing about the fact that 7 kids in DD's class have had lice and it keeps going around. That's bad enough but it gets worse when the assumption is that we aren't dealing with it because DD had the HORRIBLE misfortune of getting it twice, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh!
    It's awful, isn't it. When I notified the school they went and checked the class and guess what....they found three kids with lice....in dds class alone!!!!!!!!!

We hired a professional and she told us strip the beds every morning and put the sheets in the dryer for 30 minutes. Vacuum daily, comb with the nit comb daily. We will beat this!!!

I'm so sorry! I managed to avoid lice as a child, and now it's one of my biggest parenting fears. Hang in there!
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

I'm glad you have someone to help you. sounds overwhelming. HUGS

It's awful, isn't it. When I notified the school they went and checked the class and guess what....they found three kids with lice....in dds class alone!!!!!!!!!

We hired a professional and she told us strip the beds every morning and put the sheets in the dryer for 30 minutes. Vacuum daily, comb with the nit comb daily. We will beat this!!!
    Yoo hoo, is your daughter in my daughter's class? Cause that is exactly what happened. I hired a pro too and she was a HUGE help. But, she still can't overcome more kids getting it and passing it to DD again.

You know what, if I was you, I would go to the school and request that the whole class be checked weekly until no lice is found. I am going to meet with the teacher tomorrow about that. I wish I had said something a month ago...

Of course, the nurse has to be competent at checking heads.

Quote Originally Posted by crayonblue View Post
    Of course, the nurse has to be competent at checking heads.
    Right. That's problem #1
    Problem #2 is the parents. They either half ass treatment or treat once with RID or the like and assume they kids are good to go. Not so. One kid in Dd's school had it for a month. Her mom did nothing outside combing her hair with a lice comb. Of course it stuck around. Finally she hired this pro (that I am using) and they were clear in three days. THREE DAYS. Come on people!!

Right. That's problem #1
    Problem #2 is the parents. They either half ass treatment or treat once with RID or the like and assume they kids are good to go. Not so. One kid in Dd's school had it for a month. Her mom did nothing outside combing her hair with a lice comb. Of course it stuck around. Finally she hired this pro (that I am using) and they were clear in three days. THREE DAYS. Come on people!!
    Totally. I watched the nurse checking heads this morning and I was shocked. She kind of parted the hair and poked around and said, "Ok, you're good!"

And then she had the gall to say that I'm not checking well enough and that's why DD got it again. I'm still bitter about that, ha, ha!

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Friend lent us a comb that zaps them with an electric charge. You gotta get one of these! $30 at the drugstore (think she got it at Walgreens, not sure.) Easiest way to do follow up treatments and for peace-of-mind checks on your own hair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2