Default You've got to be kidding me! (stupid period)

I have PCOS, so I'm irregular to put it mildly.

I looked at the calender the other day, and noticed I haven't marked down a period since... April. And I'm fairly certain that, indeed, that was the last one. I may have had one in July, but I can't remember. If I did, it wasn't a "normal" one, because it would have been marked in the calender at some point. It was every woman's favorite doctor visit for me today anyway (Pap), so I mentioned it to her. I expected some meds for it, which is what I got, along with an ominous warning:

"So I'm giving you a little higher dosage just to make sure we're getting you a good period since it's been so long. Don't be surprised if it's a longer period than normal, and heavier too."

"My periods are usually a week to 10 days."

"Oh, yeah, it very well may be a bit longer than that."

Remind me... is being a woman otherwise really so great that it will make up for a 2-week period? I mean, pregnancy is a miracle. And being able to sustain a baby on milk my body makes is amazing. But are those things really going to trump Niagara Falls for two weeks?? TWO WEEKS!!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Ugh. I'm SO sorry. I have horribly painful, long periods, and at only 25 with no plans for more babies, I get to enjoy them for a looooong time yet. So you definitely have my sympathy.

At least it's a good excuse to be bitchy, right?
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen