Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Has anyone heard of an epinephrine inhaler that is over the counter? My SIL was telling me about and says it really helps her asthma issues which sound very similar to mine. I'm asking because she said they were discontinuing them (Or making them prescription only) so I was wondering if I should try to find them, although might have to wait until after pregnancy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Has anyone heard of an epinephrine inhaler that is over the counter? My SIL was telling me about and says it really helps her asthma issues which sound very similar to mine. I'm asking because she said they were discontinuing them (Or making them prescription only) so I was wondering if I should try to find them, although might have to wait until after pregnancy to use.
    I think Primatene Mist Inhalers are epinephrine. I saw them at Wal-mart just a couple of days ago.

ETA: It is Category C for pregnancy, as most cold meds and asthma meds are. Usage should depend on how many weeks you are and risk vs benefit. If you can't breathe and you are losing oxygen vs just to relieve discomfort.
    Last edited by amldaley; 11-28-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post
    I think Primatene Mist Inhalers are epinephrine. I saw them at Wal-mart just a couple of days ago.
    Thanks....I think that is what she was talking about. Might call my OB about this. Of course, I was just there...why didn't I ask? I'm so distracted by important stuff like hearing the heartbeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Thanks....I think that is what she was talking about. Might call my OB about this. Of course, I was just there...why didn't I ask? I'm so distracted by important stuff like hearing the heartbeat!
    Lol...I am the same way. I finally started making a list of questions to take in with me!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post
    Lol...I am the same way. I finally started making a list of questions to take in with me!
    That would be way too logical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2