Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by calv View Post
    reading the reviews on amazon they seem to be more bad than good. Main complaint being the cost of the apps/games/stories.

anyone actually have/use this toy already? I guess for $65 it may be worth it! but ugggh, do we need it when we have 2 leapsters already?

also what charger do you buy for it?
    I'm wondering the same thing? We have an iPad that we let our girls use so I'm not sure if we can justify this or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kissmekate View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing? We have an iPad that we let our girls use so I'm not sure if we can justify this or not.
    Exactly why I won't be getting one for DS. I have a feeling he will play with it for a little while, then go back to playing with the apps on my iPad. Plus, the reviews really turned me off from buying it.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

Thanks for the coupon! I think I will use it on some Playmobil sets!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have an iPad and am thinking of getting the explorer for DD.
    - I like it's durability (even with an otterbox my iPad is at risk with her)
    - I like that she won't be able to stumble onto YouTube or anything else not-kid-friendly .... Including some of my own iTunes songs
    - Seems to be the equivalent of a couple of cool vtech/leapfrog toys in one bundle, making $65 not a bad price (even though I only buy electronic stuff like that from kohls with % off, never full price)
    - LOVE that she can take photos, make movies and record her own voice on it. Huge fun factor. Plus, better to be a producer, not just a consumer.
    - we don't have a leapster but I'm betting I can find games used.

Btw I requested it at a local store that said it was in stock -- they said they couldn't find it -- requested again at the same store an hour later and got a congratulations email. Who knows why but I am glad ro have the option!
    Last edited by wellyes; 11-21-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by inmypjs View Post
    I am not very familiar with the B&N toy section. Are there any other hot items or deals to be had with this coupon?
    They carry legos without marked up prices, making 40% off a very good deal for them.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    They carry legos without marked up prices, making 40% off a very good deal for them.
    Ditto with Playmobil. I have gotten three sets with this coupon and will likely get a couple more.

Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by iaam View Post
    Ditto with Playmobil. I have gotten three sets with this coupon and will likely get a couple more.
    Which sets did you get?
    Our B&N has a good deal of Playmobil now, too.

TIA!
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

My local B&N is holding a Thames & Cosmos Chemistry set (the C1000) for me, I am so excited to be able to use the coupon on that.
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I changed my mind and am not getting it. Anyone who wants a LeapPad in the Boston area, PM me They are holding one at the Prudential Center for me til 11/23, and the 40% off coupon is good til 11/24.
    Last edited by wellyes; 11-21-2011 at 09:23 AM.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Can anyone tell me how their prices on M&D stuff run? Would 40% off make it a good deal?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast