Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

no help but 2 nights ago I went through the same thing. at 10:45pm I ran to target. had 2 left and w/my luck our elf will NEVER appear. so w/the $5 gc from target, I got another one. The tree has yet to be put up so maybe the darn elf will show up but I tore the house apart and no elf. who knows. rather have one and just return it IF our elf decides to appear somewhere/somehow. VERY frusterating because DH was mad I had to buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post

Hope you find him!
    BN has a 40% off elf code today
    Sorry for hijacking, but I was thinking about getting the elf (is it too late if he comes tomorrow?). I got a 20% code in e-mail today. I'd love a 40% if you or someone else has one. :-)
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethkott View Post
    A pain in my @ss.

http://elfontheshelf.com/
    It freaks me out so I never bought one. Something about a little doll that stalks you and then tells your business never felt right to me.

I mean the Santa song are even creepy.
    He knows when you are sleep.
    He knows when your awake.

If Santa was real I'd have a restraining order.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PAfirsttimemom View Post
    Sorry for hijacking, but I was thinking about getting the elf (is it too late if he comes tomorrow?). I got a 20% code in e-mail today. I'd love a 40% if you or someone else has one. :-)
    DOH! Sorry I just looked and you are right! It was 20% off sorry!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball Mommie View Post

So true! I have woken up at 4:30 am in a cold sweat many a morning realizing I forgot to move the darn thing!
    BTDT. Sometimes one of us will distract our DS, so the other person can go move our elf, Lenny. Lenny is super sneaky though, sometimes he plays tricks and hides in the same spot two nights in a row.

But, aside from the anxiety, Lenny is welcome in our home. I asked DS what some of his favorite things about Christmas were and he said finding Lenny in the morning. Lenny lives out the remainder of the year on a super high shelf in DH's closet. That is where we stashed him the first year in this house and he likes it so much there he goes back to the same spot every year for the duration of his off season.
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

ELF IN MY PANTIES. Now I know exactly where to store him and will never forget!

Quote Originally Posted by octmom View Post
    I had the same problem last year. I finally found Fiddle at the back of my underwear drawer, where I had hastily stashed him on Christmas morning the year before. I guess I should clean out that drawer more often, huh? After Christmas last year, I packed him in the boxes with fall decorations so that I would uncover him early and wouldn't be frantic again.
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This B&N Kids coupon is good until 12/12 for 30% off, assuming this qualifies as a kids toy/book?

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pim...come520761.gif

I so do not want to do Elf on a Shelf. DD saw it a a friends house and the christmas special and wants one. I already do the Lego advent and the PBK Advent House...I don't want another responsibility of shuffling around an elf! Last night at 1AM I had to go down to the basement and drag out the House and LEGO advent calendar b/c I forgot to do it earlier.

By the way, does the elf only come in the boy version? I saw the show with the girl and she seems less creepy to me.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alien_host View Post

By the way, does the elf only come in the boy version? I saw the show with the girl and she seems less creepy to me.
    There's one basic doll, but you can buy it a skirt:

http://www.amazon.com/Claus-Couture-.../dp/0976990768
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3