lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default How much to give??

Based on responses here from another thread/question of mine...I'm going to give DD1's Kingergarten teacher a gift card for Christmas - probably an Amex gc that she can use anywhere, along with a personalized note and a $10 gc I have for Cold Stone (an ice cream place).

I don't know how much to give her on the Amex gc.

We were very concerned about DD1 starting in public school because she has been diagnosed with ADHD, probably Asperger's and Oppositional Defiance Disorder, and I know she has sensory issues. Her teacher listened to us about how to approach her discipline wise, gives her encouragement, and DD1 loves her and school! She's done very well in school, and I know it's because her teacher has been on board with us and helped with this transition. She has also started tutoring DD1 on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for 30 minutes before class starts.

I was thinking about a $40 Amex gift card. Too much?? I just want to show her my appreciation for her hard work. She's a younger teacher, but this isn't her first year teaching.

ETA: This is DD1's only teacher.
    Last edited by lhafer; 12-01-2011 at 01:42 PM.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If that is your only teacher and she's given special attention, I don't think that sounds like too much. I think its generous, but representative of your appreciation for her and not too extravagant.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011