hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default What do you make in your toaster over?

I recently got a new convection/toaster over -- the Breville. I am liking it a lot and wondering what people use it for beyond the normal heating things/cooking things (replacement for an oven) and toasting toast.

TIA!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I have a DeLonghi toaster/convection oven. It's really great for (drum roll please) Shrinky Dinks because it's at counter/kids' eye level and the they can really see the Dinks Shrink through the glass :-)

I tried out the dehydrate function and it took a really long time to dry a few apple slices. I was not impressed but my boys thought it was fun.

I don't use the convection bake all that often, except when i'm in the mood for just a few cookies or small pizza and simply cannot wait. Keep an eye on the oven when you use convection, it can quickly go from done to burned!

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

we have the breville - got it last year. i was very excited about it

so far, i've used it to toast. but i often toast things that are frozen, so i get to press the snowflake button. does that count for exciting?

i also use to reheat pizza.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Like pp, we reheat pizza and some other leftovers. Pizza in there is great. Often I just put it on a "toast" setting vs oven temp and it turns out well.

Beth

I use mine for absolutely everything I would use my oven for, as long as it will fit. I basically don't turn my oven on from May through September. I've done pies, cookies, quiche, casseroles, you name it. And of course, the requisite frozen pizzas, fish sticks, and chicken nuggets!
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Whatever would be normally cooked in the regular oven is cooked in my toaster oven as long as it fits.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

FIRE! - After I caught fire to a little cardboard insert inside tacos (oops!) DH threw it in the trashcan following me throwing it out to the driveway. Big scene, embarrassing...

DH makes bagels, slices of pizza sometimes. My friend uses her pampered chef stone inside hers and enjoys all kinds of frozen appetizers from Costco. I find it can't fit quite enough for all of us, so I end up using the oven, or more frequently we use the Advantium Speedcooker. That is the shining star in our kitchen.

Anything breaded that needs to be heated like Morningstar corn dogs or chicken nuggets, etc. I hate micorwaving that stuff - it gets gummy.

We reheat left overs in thee all the time.

Toasted cheese sandwhiches.

Soup in crocks like french onion.

Anything small that I want to brown under the broiler.

It is great for toasting nuts!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Whatever would be normally cooked in the regular oven is cooked in my toaster oven as long as it fits.

Anything from pizza, chicken nuggets, French fries, casseroles, toast, frozen waffles, etc.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.