Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Sorel Tofino Snow Boots $76.41

http://www.amazon.com/Sorel-Womens-T...3968131&sr=8-1

Additional $25 discount shown at checkout.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 12-15-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What's the deal with these - one reviewer said they're not warm(?!), and someone said they are very narrow. Hmmmmm.... Anyone have any experience with Sorels?

I wanted the Kamik Scarlet when they were on sale for $65 a day or so ago, and DH didn't buy even though I told him to (grrrr...) and these look pretty similar!
    http://www.amazon.com/Kamik-Womens-S...3980619&sr=8-1
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

As a brand I love Sorel. Maybe check another site like zappos that will have more reviews??

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Excellent reviews on zappos.

http://www.zappos.com/sorel-tofino
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Default thanks op

Thanks op! I bought the sorel tofino's in the red color. $76 seems to be a really good price for sorel boots-- at least from my limited search (zappos lists them at $140). Keeping my fingers crossed they will work-- I ordered up 1/2 a size as per review on Zappos. These are supposably lighter in weight than other sorel boots, which is nice. I'm a little nervous about the red color, but like the idea of something non-black (as its much easier to get black boots than boots with color).

Also, bTW, this sale appears to be on many boots-- not just the sorel tofino's listed here. There appears to be a 25% off $75 of certain items offer that is being used to give this price.

Thanks for the feedback!

Based on the Zappos reviews I want to order a 1/2 size up. Except this makes the price go from $101 to $139.95 (before discount). Thanks for that, Amazon.

Sigh, maybe not ordering.

ETA: And the 7.5 is not eligible for the add 25% off, they are not sold by Amazon but some other place. Double .
    Last edited by Twoboos; 12-15-2011 at 07:47 PM.

I did not size up. Guess I will just exchange if they don't work out.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Drats - looks like they are back at full price - or am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Choccie View Post
    Drats - looks like they are back at full price - or am I doing something wrong?
    I think it's only certain size/color combos that are sold by Amazon that get the add'l 25% off. If you change the size/colors you can see the pricing/seller change.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    What's the deal with these - one reviewer said they're not warm(?!), and someone said they are very narrow. Hmmmmm.... Anyone have any experience with Sorels?

I wanted the Kamik Scarlet when they were on sale for $65 a day or so ago, and DH didn't buy even though I told him to (grrrr...) and these look pretty similar!
    http://www.amazon.com/Kamik-Womens-S...3980619&sr=8-1
    Sorels and Kamiks are both Canadian in origin. Sorel used to be made in Kitchener/Waterloo, ON (though they're named after Sorel, Quebec) but they were bought out by Columbia a few years back and are now trying to be "fashion" boots. Kamiks are still made here in QC. They're both known to be very, very warm. As in, DH used to wear his Sorels when he was working in the bush and sitting on drills in Labrador and the Yukon during the winter (he was a geologist). Based on my own experience (mine were bought pre-buyout) Sorels run big. I don't have Kamiks myself but DS does and they're THE brand at the daycare. They're slightly less pricey. I have to wonder if when the fashion quotient went up with the Sorel buyout the quality went down a bit? Mine are totally fugly but good to -40.

ETA: neither Kamik or Sorel stretch. They're kind of like LLB duck boots in that they're rubber on the bottom (in most of the styles).

The other two big Canadian boot brands are Pajar and La Canadienne, both also based in Montreal. Pajar is a mix of warmth and function as well as fashion, and La Canadienne is a fashion brand.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast