Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gibas23 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Update: Close...we closed..Need lots of Mojo for Closing an Escrow

I posted on another thread back in October about buying a house. Well, we are still trying to close on the escrow on day 55 here. We signed the loan docs last week, but because of the loan amt, an investor approval is needed. The approval came today with some ridiculous conditions like paper trail for the downpayment (hello, that happened like 50 days ago and you asked about it now), a new inquiry on my credit report (which I am not aware of and pretty sure is from my loan agent applying us to two different lenders) and another 2-3 minor things.
    I am very very frustrated, we have been on edge for two weeks now. All our part of funding has been sitting at the escrow account for a week now because we have been promised of closing on earlier dates, but it has not happened yet. On top of that, the seller is supremely pissed at the whole thing and they do have a backup offer with higher price waiting to snatch the house away from us.

Can I have a major major mojo from my fav board so we can finally get the final sign off tomorrow or monday and then funding early next week? I totally believe your mojos work to make things go smoothly. Please..please..

Thank you

Update:
    We closed yesterday. Basically, on Monday the seller gave us till end of the day to fund or she would cancel the contract. I fired a quick and zesty email to the lender, basically said if they didnt fund by 1 pm, I am gonna sue them for every penny that we are going to lose on this deal. The lender funded almost immediately. BBB mojos worked again. I am a total believer now. This is the 3rd times I ask for mojos and they all worked. Thanks all. I just love you all wise and caring BBBers here. I might have to start a new thread for my interview mojo.
    Last edited by gibas23; 12-21-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Good luck! Buying a house can be so very frustrating. I hope everything comes together very very soon.
    An AF wife to DH and
    mom to Will 09/08 & Andy 09/10

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Mojo!! Home buying/selling is one of the MOST stressful things a person can go through!!

My Aunt & Uncle are also in CA and went through this whole rigamarole when buying their house too. Closing kept getting pushed back, etc. But it all worked out in the end. It will for you, too!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh that is the worst. Sending mojo for the process to move along quickly now so you can get into your new home.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Good luck!
    DS April 2010
    DS March 2016

JMS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Buying a house never seems to be stress free. Mojo coming to you that all these headaches will be distant thoughts as you and your family move in and enjoy your new home.
    JMS
    Mommy to DD "HH" 2004
    and DS1 "MH" 2005
    & DS2 "JJH" - My very Irish baby!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Good luck!!!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Mojo mojo mojo!!!!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Good luck!!
    I feel your pain -- we're at a standstill in a re transaction that started in August. Seems at every juncture a new problem appears.
    Fingers crossed for you!
    Jane

gibas23 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

thank you...

the seller gave us a deadline to close by wednesday. Otherwise, they will cancel the contract and might impose penalty on our initial 3% deposit. I frankly told our broker agent to send a message to the lender to fund by end of day monday or else we will go the legal route to recoup our losses.

The thing is we have signed the loan docs 12 days ago and all out funding part has been on escrow acct for 10 days now. We have had estimated date after date and still nothing yet.

We are meeting with Chase bank mortgage counsellor today. Chase is an in house lender/investor, so they can close as soon as 2 weeks or most 3 weeks. If Chase decides to take our case, my agent has to convince the seller to bear with us for another 2 weeks.

oh...what a nightmare

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast