nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Looking for boot storage ideas

As I recall one poster said she has 40+ pairs of boots! I can hardly keep track of mine and I don't have nearly as many. I keep most of my boots in a the boxes they came in, stacked on shelves. I keep most of them in a closet. The ones I wear most of the time are in a laundry basket, sideways, in a closet. I'm looking for better ideas for boot storage.

This "boot stand" looks intriguing, but would take up a lot of space.
    http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...1&N=&Ntt=boots

I thought about the clear storage boxes from container store for boots, but i have those clear boxes for my shoes and I don't really care for them. I still can't tell what's inside--I did better when I kept the original boxes because I knew them by the brands/model name. I know I just need to label the clear boxes (eventually).
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

I have about 12 pair, and I keep them out of the boxes, lined up in the closet. I made boot trees out of cardboard to keep the floppy ones from looking messy. I don't have the shelf space to keep them in boxes, though.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Bump.
    Anyone else want to share what they do?
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have the clear boot boxes from the Container Store. They are all labeled with brand and color so I know exactly which box I want when I'm getting dressed. The short boots I wear regularly are on the floor of my closet. I have my other short boots in Container Store sweater boxes (I think).