Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default How can I secure the changing pad?

So I have turned my long, low bureau into the baby's changing table and have gotten a changing pad & covers. I read in "heading home with your newborn" about securing the pad to the bureau top (which makes perfect sense but had not struck me before).

Does anyone have a good idea about how to do this? It is a simple painted white top (solid wood bureau).

Many TIA
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For DD's dresser top, I just had a somewhat tacky (as in sticky, not unstylish ) piece of plastic and the changing pad kind of stuck to it enough so as not slide around.

DS's dresser had a changing table top come with it. It's pretty cool actually, it's basically a box without a top that sits on top of the dresser, and the changing pad sits inside of there. The back of the "box" is attached to the back of the dresser with screws and strap, so the top does not need to be drilled through.
    DD
    DS

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    For DD's dresser top, I just had a somewhat tacky (as in sticky, not unstylish ) piece of plastic and the changing pad kind of stuck to it enough so as not slide around.
    I also used a piece of shelf liner tacky stuff with great success. You always have a hand on your baby when on the changing pad anyways so as long as it isn't slippery you should be fine.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

First I cut up one of those non slip rug grips and put it under the pad- worked great, then we realized it was making permanent marks on my brand new kindcaid painted dresser I was using!

Then DH nail one of the white straps into the back of the dresser- it slides around but not off the dresser and is secure enough for me.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster80 View Post
    Then DH nail one of the white straps into the back of the dresser- it slides around but not off the dresser and is secure enough for me.
    Our changing pad had a white strap for securing it to the back of the dresser.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster80 View Post
    First I cut up one of those non slip rug grips and put it under the pad- worked great, then we realized it was making permanent marks on my brand new kindcaid painted dresser I was using!
    We did this. It worked great, although honestly, the baby/changing pad combo really doesn't move around much to begin with. And now, 17 mos. later, I have all these marks from the liner on my dresser. Anyone know how to get rid of them??
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016