KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Bosch dishwasher suddenly very loud?

Anyone else have this happen? A couple of weeks ago our one year old dishwasher motor started to get increasingly louder--to the point of sounding ridiculous compared to its quiet old self. I think the noise is mostly when draining. Any ideas?
    K

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'd be calling the repairman quickly just because water draining weirdly could be a scary thing. Our is a GE Profile made by Bosch and it has been serviced so many freaking times. However, I listen to others' dishwasher and want to come back and hug ours. So quiet.

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Does your have a filter/trap at the bottom? Ours had one you could take out to clean out occasionally.

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've had more than our fair share of appliance issues over the years, and I've learned you can almost always figure out what the problem is, and the majority of the time, exactly how to fix it, just by Googling. I searched "bosch dishwasher draining loudly" and got a ton of hits, but you'll have to kind of dig b/c I don't know all of the details. Sometimes it helps to put in the model number, sometimes not.

Here's one hit I got:
    http://applianceguru.com/view_topic....jump_to=141706

from a site I've had luck with. I also like this one:
    http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/...ddraining.html

and this one

http://www.fixya.com/support/t166621...hen_dishwasher

in general- haven't looked at these answers- just like the sites.

DH and I are only semi-handy, but we recently tore apart our less than 2 yr old KitchenAid b/c it wasn't rinsing properly. It took us about 20 mins, and it worked perfectly when we were done.

Good luck!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I use this site whenever I have appliance issues. The moderator is a repairman with years of experience. I have always received knowledge advice that has been spot on with the problem/solution.

http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I agree w/ pp's, that i would get it looked at asap. This may be unrelated , butnthere was a recall of Bpsch disheashers recenty. Something about some component starting on fire. I would also check to see if yours is on the recall list b/c they were offering $$ for replacements
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for all the great info! Love the bbb!
    K

Reina is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Yes yes! get it looked at asap. It could very well be a $50 issue. I let the noisy drain issue go on my bosch dishwasher for a while and it became a $500 problem... The repairman told me if we called him to get it fixed timely (or if I stopped using it immediately), all it would need was a drain motor.
    DS Fall '09

If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?" Mevlana Jalaladdin Rumi