Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default my baby girl finally scooted!!!

my DD (10 months old, 9 mos adjusted age) finally scooted for the first time today!! we placed her in the middle of the room and she scooted all the way across the room..to get to an empty (used) Dr. Brown's bottle!! LOL. She was sort of crying as she was doing it, and seemed like she was working really hard, but she did it!!

Anyway, i had been getting a bit concerned about DD's lack of mobility, especially since i just went to a bday party today and ALL the other infants (even the ones that were only 6 months old) were all crawling around the room and pulling up on things, and i felt so bad that my DD was the only one not being able to move around at all. I know that she is a preemie and is really only effectively 9 mos old, but really, it seemed like by 9mos all the babies i knew were light years ahead of her and already scooting, if not full-on crawling (DS scooted at 6mos, crawled at 7 mos). It wasn't just the lack of crawling/scooting, but the inability to pull herself into sitting, or to pull up on stuff. She has been getting really fussy lately and i wondered if part of it was her frustration that she really wanted to move around but could not. But slowly she seems to be improving...

DD has her EI evaluation next week, though, am curious to how that will go...
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 01-13-2012 at 08:02 PM.

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh, hooray! I've been following your threads and thinking of her. Go baby, go!

Eta: I encouraged DS to pull up by 1) taking the couch cushions off the couch and 2)putting my laptop, turned on, on the couch, just within reach if he were to pull up. He loves that laptop and went right to it. No major damage (to DS or the laptop). Maybe something for later though. Focus on celebrating the scooting now!
    Last edited by mjs64; 01-13-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    My baby boy is 3!

SkyrMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Go little one!! I hope she gets quicker and stronger each day so that sometime soon you'll be able to post about how hard it is to catch her!
    DD 4/09 DS 8/12

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Go girl!!! In a couple of months she will be all over the place and into everything
    K

mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yay for your DD!
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's great news!!
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yay!! It's all downhill from here; so much better when they are stationary.

Hooray, how exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    She has been getting really fussy lately and i wondered if part of it was her frustration that she really wanted to move around but could not. But slowly she seems to be improving...
    My DD was like that – really frustrated that she couldn't move around (crawled only at 11 mos). We sometimes joked that she felt trapped in a baby's body : )
    She became so much happier once she became mobile! Oh, and she took her first steps at 12 mo so even if you have a late crawler it doesn't mean she will be a late walker.

Yay, very exciting! Maybe now that she has a taste of mobility she will be more anxious to keep trying!! I think they realize-oh wow- all this hard work pays off!!

Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast