Default Where to buy Enfamil

I think I forgot how expensive formula is! BRU had a $10 GC promotion a few weeks ago if you bought three of the boxes of formula, but I think that's over. Who typically has the best price for formula?

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Babycheapskate.com tracks it pretty well. I've found that without coupons or formula checks, the price doesn't differ that much, except for at BRU, where it, like everything else, is overpriced. I usually just get mine at target, since I'm there anyway. It's 22.99 I think a tub and occasionally on sale (or buy 2, get a giftcard). The refills (2 per pack) are a bit smaller ounce wise but slightly cheaper when you do the math. I could do a bit better going to the drugstore of the week that has it a dollar or two cheaper, but in the end, I'd rather save the time. So I buy a lot at a time and try to buy on sale at
    Target. But at 11 months, we're almost done with formula! Yay! It will end.

Eta: if you haven't already signed up at enfamil.com, do it. They will send you checks for a couple of months.
    Last edited by mjs64; 01-14-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    My baby boy is 3!

Quote Originally Posted by mjs64 View Post

Eta: if you haven't already signed up at enfamil.com, do it. They will send you checks for a couple of months.
    Doing this now - thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by musicalgrl View Post
    Doing this now - thanks for the tip!
    Sign up your DH or SO too! Can't remember if that worked or if they only send one per household, but worth a shot.
    My baby boy is 3!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Did you try Parents choice brand? Its like half the price.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

You also may want to check out Costco. I've seen it there and I know Similac has been on coupon, not sure about Enfamil... no idea about the price or the size, though.
    E, Mama to "BabyDoll" 4/2011

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Did you try Parents choice brand? Its like half the price.
    next time around, I won't start with the most expensive kind.
    My baby boy is 3!

I haven't bought Enfamil infant formula lately, but a few months ago I bought from Costco a 52.5 oz powder set for $44, which consisted of a tub and 2 refill packs. I notice most stores sell Enfamil for about $22 a tub, and on sale for $20. So (assuming a refill pack is equivalent to a tub), Costco's price was about $14.60 for a tub, which I believe was the cheapest. I have read that Costco accepts the Enfamil gift checks at the cashiers (I have never tried it), which would make it an even better deal.

If you decide to buy store brand, Walmart's Parents Choice and Target's Up and Up are made by the same manufacturer, and my baby likes that formula.

I also had luck with Costco's Kirkland store brand, which I found the cheapest every day low price. When I bought it a few months ago, I think that it was about $13 for a 36 oz can. Costco every few months has store coupons for both Enfamil and the Kirkland formula, which I found a good time to stock up.

Thanks for the suggestion about Costco! I don't make it there as often as I used to, but especially if there are coupons at some point, I will be looking to stock up.