Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Volo?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have never had one, but Volos are MacLarens so they are good strollers. The volo is the barebones version. It is super light, has no recline, very small wheels and, I think, very little canopy. They are generally considered best for kids at least six months old, many people say over a year. They retail for over $100, so $50 is probably a good price depending on condition.

(Other somewhat comparable strollers might be the Cybex Ruby or the Uppa G-lite.)

Catherine

Love ours although I think we used it once he was well over a year. They really need to be able to sit up well.

Great price. I got mine on some freaky clearance for $85 or so but that was like 4 years ago. We have an Inglesina swift and a volo. Volo wheels better. I've found the shade fine.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd say good but not great - I know the ebay mac guy has them for about $60-70 fairly frequently, brand new with warranty.

Adding: super cute Turkish blue for $60 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maclaren-Vol...item416157d815
    Last edited by legaleagle; 01-19-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    I'd say good but not great - I know the ebay mac guy has them for about $60-70 fairly frequently, brand new with warranty.
    Oh, in that case I'd go that route if you want a volo. I'd gladly pay an extra $10 for new and especially with a warranty (even though I've never actually used the warranty on a stroller.)

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Oh, in that case I'd go that route if you want a volo. I'd gladly pay an extra $10 for new and especially with a warranty (even though I've never actually used the warranty on a stroller.)

Catherine
    Even though it is rumored to be the Maclaren outlet, BabyProductStore's strollers do not come with a Maclaren warranty. Mine didn't even come with a serial number. I think he says he provides his own warranty, but his communication is *very* poor so I wouldn't bank on it.

Nevertheless, I'd buy the one linked to above over a used one on CL.

But (just as an FYI) I personally wouldn't feel comfortable using a Volo often for a child under 18 months. It is *very* slouchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Even though it is rumored to be the Maclaren outlet, BabyProductStore's strollers do not come with a Maclaren warranty. Mine didn't even come with a serial number. I think he says he provides his own warranty, but his communication is *very* poor so I wouldn't bank on it.
    Ahh. Good distinction.

Catherine

Were volos included in maclaren's recall (due to the hinges amputating some fingers)? I'm not very familiar with the recall, so maybe I'm confused. Not that you might not buy it anyway, but it's something to consider. And if it is pre-recall, you may be able to use that to negotiate a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe pride View Post
    Were volos included in maclaren's recall (due to the hinges amputating some fingers)? I'm not very familiar with the recall, so maybe I'm confused. Not that you might not buy it anyway, but it's something to consider. And if it is pre-recall, you may be able to use that to negotiate a lower price.
    The recall is easily fixed with a pair of hinge covers that Maclaren will send anyone even if they are not the original owner of the stroller. While the CLer shouldn't sell the stroller without the hinge covers, I wouldn't avoid buying one because it needed them.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yeah, the older ones were recalled. I don't think that would make a huge difference in the price on the used market, but I'm no expert in buying used strollers.

How is the volo slouch compared to the starck?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast