Default Quicken 2006 - Keep or Toss

Embarrassing, but we never installed it. I'd like to get our finances in order. Should I install this or just ditch it and get a newer version?

TIA!

If you were going to use it for your taxes or something like that, I'd say definitely toss. If you are going to use it for a budget and monitoring expenses, etc., then I don't think it would really be a big difference to keep.

But I don't use quicken so I couldn't say the differences anyway.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ditch it and get the new one. Intuit doesn't support the 2006, and many financial institutions stopped supporting it too. So you won't be able to download all of your data easily.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zansu View Post
    Ditch it and get the new one. Intuit doesn't support the 2006, and many financial institutions stopped supporting it too. So you won't be able to download all of your data easily.

We have Quicken 2010 and I'm just waiting until they no longer support it to upgrade again.

Jen
    Mom to 4 wonderful children

DS#1 7/96
    DS#2 11/00
    DD#1 11/03
    DD#2 6/08

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just make sure to double check to see if they have an reduced upgrade price for the new version, since you'll need the key from the 2006 to use it!

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Just make sure to double check to see if they have an reduced upgrade price for the new version, since you'll need the key from the 2006 to use it!
    Quicken doesn't do upgrades-- they just sell new versions every year. They stop supporting downloads from financial institutions after 3 years (I just replaced my 2009 version.) Costco has a good discount on it right now online. I think it ends tomorrow.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Quicken doesn't do upgrades-- they just sell new versions every year. They stop supporting downloads from financial institutions after 3 years (I just replaced my 2009 version.) Costco has a good discount on it right now online. I think it ends tomorrow.
    Oh, I didn't realize intuit doesn't do upgrades on quicken - we use quickbooks at work and they have upgrades for that, and they can be quite pissy about requiring the old product keys when you do.

JamiMac is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm sorry, when I first glanced at your title I thought it said, "chicken 2006", I was thinking ewww, TOSS!
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

Thank goodness, no! But almost as embarrassing!