Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Heidi Klum and Seal separating?!

I didn't see that one coming. She always seemed to glow when talking about him plus they have 4 kiddos.

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

shocked, really really shocked.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

Very surprised. I've read multiple interviews with her where she raves about him, talks about how to keep a marriage going. I've always both hated and loved what she had to say. Loved it because she seemed to have good advice and claimed that friends were always asking how they did it, so I figured maybe they really had something good going on. Hated her advice because it seemed to hinge on having a rich and fabulous life. "Oh, go on vacation without your kids so it's just the two of you able to re-connect ." Maybe great if you have a nanny or two, or can fly young and healthy grandmother over from Germany. And in the back of my mind, I did think that they hadn't really been together for long enough to put themselves on a pedestal.

Obviously, I have a love-hate relationship with Heidi Klum! Don't even get me started on her pregnancy post-partum body advice.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

cairo06 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Doesn't surprise me. It all seemed too good to be true. Renewing their vows every year, gushing about their marriage and sex life during every interview... Just seemed over the top.
    Cristina

DD 2004
    DS 2007

So sad, wish they could work it out for their sake and the cute kids.

I have to agree that they were always just too over the top for me as a 'how to be a great couple like us'. I remember watching Oprah and Heidi Klum went on and on about how she first met Seal at a hotel lobby and he had really tight biking pants on (or something like that) and she was checking out his 'jewels' (she didn't use those words - can't remember what words she said). Ooooooh, gross - if a friend told me that, ok, I'd laugh, but on national TV apropos of nothing, to share that? I am so not a prude but I think that's a bit much and I remember thinking the whole thing was just too 'look at us and how perfect we are!'
    Last edited by magnoliaparadise; 01-22-2012 at 05:24 AM.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was really bummed when I read this. They did seem like a great couple. Apparently it was to good to be true!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was surprised by this one.

People is reporting that while their marriage is on the rocks, they are not divorcing (at the moment, anyway):

http://www.people.com/people/article...563721,00.html
    Green Tea, mom to three

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I was a little shocked by a statement I read on Access. Something like, "A source said, ' While they love each other very much, they have had a very tense time this past year.'" Really??

Meanwhile I'm thinking of the moms here who post about the rough YEARS they've been having, but are still trying to work things out.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast